Confirmed Trade: [VGK/WPG] 13th OA and 2019 3rd to Vegas for 24th OA and selecting Chris Thorburn

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Dano has shown he can produce given top 6 minutes an linemates. Enstrom/Dano's value is easily more than 11 spots in this draft and a 3rd. (Basically 2nd + 3rd)

Yeah I'm not so sure about that. Go check the list of guys taken last few years around 13 or even 18 or 19. Includes guys like McAvoy, Chabot, Zadorov, Wennberg, Chychrun, Barzal, etc.

You could potentially draft a very strong player at 13 even if this draft is a bit weaker compared to 24th and they added a 3rd rounder on top lol. I don't think Dano is worth that, he's a good player but he's replaceable whereas an opportunity for that sorta potential is tougher to replace.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Yeah I'm not so sure about that. Go check the list of guys taken last few years around 13 or even 18 or 19. Includes guys like McAvoy, Chabot, Zadorov, Wennberg, Chychrun, Barzal, etc.

You could potentially draft a very strong player at 13 even if this draft is a bit weaker compared to 24th and they added a 3rd rounder on top lol. I don't think Dano is worth that, he's a good player but he's replaceable whereas an opportunity for that sorta potential is tougher to replace.
What about guys like Gurianov, Senyshen, DeBrusk, Perlini, Crouse, McLeod?

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
What about guys like Gurianov, Senyshen, DeBrusk, Perlini, Crouse, McLeod?

You never score on the shots you don't take. Jets are in no position to miss out on potential hits just to keep a bunch of mediocre players.

This type of move is just as bad as the Leafs trading their 1st rounders for players that didn't help the team at all.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
You never score on the shots you don't take. Jets are in no position to miss out on potential hits just to keep a bunch of mediocre players.

This type of move is just as bad as the Leafs trading their 1st rounders for players that didn't help the team at all.

But they still have a 1st and lost ZERO players. The 13th overall pick like the 24th overall is 2 or 3 years away. Are you nostradamus and can for sure say they guy they would have taken at 13 will be that much better than the guy at 24? Nope you arent.

Jets kept their roster and traded a mystery box for another mystery box but hfboards is home to many who think draft picks who take 2 to 3 years to be nhl ready is more important than current nhl players.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Jets basically protected all the players that were exposed. Every one. They forced vegas to pick a player who is retiring. And only him. And it cost them 11 spots in the draft and a 3rd. About 5 out of the 12 players that were exposed are going to be on the roster next year. And all 12 or so could be used as trade chips. They didn't lose a roster player. Thats a good thing.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011

They gave up the equivalent value of a pick in the 30-35 range to keep Enstrom and Dano. Considering that last year they gave up pick 36 to move up and take a crap prospect like Stanley, I'm more than happy to give up a similar return for the much more valuable Dano or Enstrom.

Chevy has made mistakes and bad trades in the past. This is not one of them

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
But they still have a 1st and lost ZERO players. The 13th overall pick like the 24th overall is 2 or 3 years away.

The odds of them hitting on the 24th pick are much lower than them hitting at 13th, where some good left handed d-men will likely be available.

Who cares if they lost any of the exposed players. All of them are easily replaceable; internally, through trade, or through the draft.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
The odds of them hitting on the 24th pick are much lower than them hitting at 13th, where some good left handed d-men will likely be available.

Who cares if they lost any of the exposed players. All of them are easily replaceable; internally, through trade, or through the draft.

Well... You just dont get it so have fun. Ill just let this be. Im not even convinced you follow the Jets so im not sure you really know anything.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011

Who cares if they dropped from 13 to 24? The difference in value between the picks is inherently replaceable and the Jets have at least 3 prospects that would be better than anyone available at 13 anyway.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC

Most drafts had noticeable dropoffs before the 20 range. This draft there's a clear top 11, and then a mix bag after that from 12-30. It's just as easy to draft a Siemens or Grigorenko as it is to draft a Zadarov or Barzal.

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
They gave up the equivalent value of a pick in the 30-35 range to keep Enstrom and Dano. Considering that last year they gave up pick 36 to move up and take a crap prospect like Stanley, I'm more than happy to give up a similar return for the much more valuable Dano or Enstrom.

Chevy has made mistakes and bad trades in the past. This is not one of them

Much more valuable?

Okay, Enstrom is a dinosaur and is probably gone by the end of next season. Dano is an average prospect worthy of a 2nd round pick at most.

I'd much rather the Jets take a chance on drafting at 13th than keeping either of those two. I'd even be willing to gamble my life that whoever is picked at 13 will be a more impactful player than Dano (good third liner at most).

Who cares if they dropped from 13 to 24? The difference in value between the picks is inherently replaceable and the Jets have at least 3 prospects that would be better than anyone available at 13 anyway.

Like who?

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand

You can stand 5 feet away from the target with a blunderbuss, or you could stand 50 feet away from the target with a marksman rifle. Either way, the only end result is you hit the target.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Most drafts had noticeable dropoffs before the 20 range. This draft there's a clear top 11, and then a mix bag after that from 12-30. It's just as easy to draft a Siemens or Grigorenko as it is to draft a Zadarov or Barzal.

Sam Steele was drafted 30th overall and then the next year was the best player in the CHL. It's almost like the draft is a complete crapshoot?

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
Well... You just dont get it so have fun. Ill just let this be. Im not even convinced you follow the Jets so im not sure you really know anything.

Oh I just watch the Jets without wearing a pair of rose coloured goggles. They're basically going down the same path as the Leafs in years past. Keep buying whatever Chevy feeds you and enjoy never being good enough to make the playoffs, or bad enough to draft a high end player.

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
Sam Steele was drafted 30th overall and then the next year was the best player in the CHL. It's almost like the draft is a complete crapshoot?

A Sam Steele at 30th overall is like getting struck by lightning. Finding a Sam Steele at 13 has a much higher probability.

The odds aren't with the Jets hitting on anything at 24th.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Oh I just watch the Jets without wearing a pair of rose coloured goggles. They're basically going down the same path as the Leafs in years past. Keep buying whatever Chevy feeds you and enjoy never being good enough to make the playoffs, or bad enough to draft a high end player.

I really hope you're not being serious with these posts. Imagine being so ignorant that you think picking 11 spots higher in the draft is worth losing a forward who has scored at a career pace of 1.94 P/60. Imagine it

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
A Sam Steele at 30th overall is like getting struck by lightning. Finding a Sam Steele at 13 has a much higher probability.

And the odds of hitting a better player than Marko Dano at 13 are even slimmer :)

It's funny how Leafs fans somehow thinks this deal is terrible but most Jets fans are universally happy about it?

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming

Leaf fans gonna leaf.

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
I really hope you're not being serious with these posts. Imagine being so ignorant that you think picking 11 spots higher in the draft is worth losing a forward who has scored at a career pace of 1.94 P/60. Imagine it

Geez, players like Dano are a dime a dozen. That 1.94 P/60 stat means nothing until he actually proves he's worthy of more ice time, and still produces at a good rate when he gets higher minutes, facing top players and other teams best d-men.

I doubt he ever makes it into the Jets top 6, so he'll likely just be a player that coulda woulda shoulda if he had more ice time.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Geez, players like Dano are a dime a dozen. That 1.94 P/60 stat means nothing until he actually proves he's worthy of more ice time, and still produces at a good rate when he gets higher minutes, facing top players and other teams best d-men.

I doubt he ever makes it into the Jets top 6, so he'll likely just be a player that coulda woulda shoulda if he had more ice time.

Doesn't that speak more to the Jets depth tho? I mean... Scheif is a number 1 center but in Pittsburgh hes probably 3rd line. Dano is depth and very good depth at that. You really need to just stop trolling and go back to your leaf forum.

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
Leaf fans gonna leaf.

I bet I'm a bigger fan of the Jets than you, Jetshomer, or any of the other blindly devoted fans on here. It's my love for the team that makes me critical of the moves they make.

You obviously can't counter my arguments, and must think this team is going in a great direction, so good for you, enjoy your future disappointment.

Doesn't that speak more to the Jets depth tho? I mean... Scheif is a number 1 center but in Pittsburgh hes probably 3rd line. Dano is depth and very good depth at that. You really need to just stop trolling and go back to your leaf forum.

And lol, what a pompous response. Welcome to ignore.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
I bet I'm a bigger fan of the Jets than you, Jetshomer, or any of the other blindly devoted fans on here. It's my love for the team that makes me critical of the moves they make.

You obviously can't counter my arguments, and must think this team is going in a great direction, so good for you, enjoy your future disappointment.

Lol. Truly just wasting time.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand

Well ****. Time to tell Laine that he sucks now.

Remember 2015 when the Jets drafted Kyle Connor and Jack Roslovic in the 1st round? What about 2014, when Ehlers slipped to 9th? What number was Corey Perry drafted at? You stand a higher chance of getting a game breaking talent at the top end of the draft, but let's not pretend that some GMs don't see prospects in a different prism, don't have their own top 10 lists, and aren't as likely to miss on a projection.

How is Griffin Reinhart doing? I hear he was drafted fourth overall. That must mean he's good. How about Nail Yakupov? He was a first overall pick. He must be damn good. Why didn't Vegas pick him in the expansion draft?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad