Confirmed Signing with Link: [VGK] D Shea Theodore signs extension with the Golden Knights (7 years, $7.425M AAV)

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Just had a baby somewhat recently and is starting a family… must be estatic knowing he gets to stay put

TSN is talking about how much of a bargain it is cause he could easily use Nurse, Petro etc etc as comparables for what he wants
Raising a baby in vegas? Buddy will be smoking Marlboros with a gambling addiction by 12.

• Haha
Reactions: Bocephus86

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
I assume he has a full NTC.
Does Hertl still have his trade protection? Or did he lose that when he was moved? If he does, then it's only Karlsson and Barbashev remaining with significant cap hits and limited trade protection.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Can't help but think they're paying a lot for a post peak player here. Like the player but unsure if he'll have a great aging curve, especially with all the injuries.

At least that AAV is manageable.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Can't help but think they're paying a lot for a post peak player here. Like the player but unsure if he'll have a great aging curve, especially with all the injuries.

I think that if you look at the age of their core, that is going to be less of a concern. 4 years from now, they may have multiple stars aged out.

That doesn't mean they couldn't retool on the fly, but I think the next 3-4 seasons for them are a lot more important than the 3-4 that come after.

Hope he got a full NMC in that deal.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver

I think with the way salaries are exploding the aging curve is factored in here as well. He should probably be getting 9+ on his current level of play. And they’ll probably be trending down as a team in the back half of this deal anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad