Proposal: VGK - NYI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Would VGK do this?

Reilly Smith for Cal Clutterbuck at 50%?

It would be an all-in type move for VGK.

What is the expected return for Smith - if they have to move him?
I know there is talk of Stone going to LTIR at least until TDL, but instead of picks why not grab someone like Cal for the cup run.

Might be totally off here - it's late and just got wheels spinning.
If isles need to make a push they need to find more scoring.

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
Would VGK do this?

I know there is talk of Stone going to LTIR at least until TDL, but instead of picks why not grab someone like Cal for the cup run.

I think if Vegas decides to move Smith, they'll do it for picks/prospects to eliminate as much salary as possible. That's a really good player on an expiring contract who should be worth a fair bit of future capital.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2012
If Stone's on LTIR they aren't moving Smith. If Stone can play they'll move Smith with no money coming back.

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
Vegas would probably decline as they have big heavy’s on their 4th line, though not as experienced as Cal Clutterbuck.

The Knights are also going to need Smith’s production heading down the stretch and into the playoffs.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
The Isles retain on Cal plus get a $5m UFA? Am I honestly reading this right?

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Its not the craziest idea. Cal is a UFA and already replaceable, and the Isles need scoring. If they could get Reilly for cheap, they may as well. But I doubt Vegas goes for it.
Reilly Smith is a UFA as well. It’s basically a swap of UFAs with the Islanders retaining. In the end, it doesn’t really do anything except help Vegas with their cap issues. Will Smith sign long term with the Isles after this year and not be Palmieri 2.0? That’s the real question. If it’s no to the first part/yes to the 2nd, no reason for the Isles to trade Cal just to give Smith a short term tryout.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
I get the idea and it's not bad, Clutterbuck is a terrific addition to any contender and Vegas looks like they could use the help on the PK too but I think the Stone rumor would put this to bed.

I like the creativity.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Reilly Smith is a UFA as well. It’s basically a swap of UFAs with the Islanders retaining. In the end, it doesn’t really do anything except help Vegas with their cap issues. Will Smith sign long term with the Isles after this year and not be Palmieri 2.0? That’s the real question. If it’s no to the first part/yes to the 2nd, no reason for the Isles to trade Cal just to give Smith a short term tryout.
If Smith had chemistry with Barzy, it would be worth it potentially.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
If Smith had chemistry with Barzy, it would be worth it potentially.
Potentially, then again the Islanders need a guy like Wahlstrom who’s head wouldn’t spin if he was on Barzal’s wing. Wally would wind up lost in no man’s land attempting to find a spot to float to while with Mat.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Don't think this makes any sense for Vegas. CLutterbuck doesn't do much for them.

They will loophole their way to the playoffs and trade Marchessault in the offseason for a pick.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Don't think this makes any sense for Vegas. CLutterbuck doesn't do much for them.

They will loophole their way to the playoffs and trade Marchessault in the offseason for a pick.

Would be more interested in visiting this deal for the Isles instead. Offseason would also be preferable over a trade now.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Would VGK do this?

Vegas needs to unload salary to activateEichel from LTIR. They need to clear at Pune $5M is space

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad