PTO: [VGK] F Tanner Pearson signs PTO with the Golden Knights

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS

Thought he was cooked after last season ngl.

Maybe he didn't feel motivated because Montreal was spinning their tires, but he looked bad.

No risk for Vegas obviously, but this is a waste of paper, bandwidth and time.
He's cooked.

coming-to-america-clapping.gif

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Man, I didn't even realize he was an unsigned UFA. Wild. Good for him though!

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

I could post this in most of the PTO threads, but there is a requirement for (8+) veteran players being dressed in every preseason game. Adding a guy like Pearson spares another vet from having to make a round trip flight or two during preseason. Vegas' preseason schedule doesn't look particularly strenuous but the established guys don't need to play in every preseason game.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I could post this in most of the PTO threads, but there is a requirement for (8+) veteran players being dressed in every preseason game. Adding a guy like Pearson spares another vet from having to make a round trip flight or two during preseason. Vegas' preseason schedule doesn't look particularly strenuous but the established guys don't need to play in every preseason game.
Yeah, but a guy like Tyler Johnson might be a better option as an example.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Yeah, but a guy like Tyler Johnson might be a better option as an example.

We usually don't know which players turned down PTOs from teams. I'd also argue that Johnson's numbers last year look deceptively better than they were due to PP usage. He got 16 of his 31 points on the PP and he wouldn't be getting those PP minutes on most clubs.

Johnson had 15 even strength points in 67 games while getting 12:51 EV/game (2:39 on PP)
Pearson had 11 even strength points in 54 games getting 10:48 EV/game (1:12 on PP)

But yeah, probably a reason both are unsigned at this point of the offseason.

mundyc3

May 17, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
Vegas needs to add pressure to Dorofeyev, Holtz, Brisson, as well as any possible fourth liners. If his wrist is better, maybe he can be a fourth liner.

Reactions: WhataKnight

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
He was cooked before his last contract
Still one of the strangest contract extensions I have seen

I remember Benning complaining about having cap-space to sign Hughes and Pettersson

then for absolutely no reason Benning kept him at the deadline then gave him a contract with a NTC
Nobody in the hockey world understood what the hell Benning was doing

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Maybe he didn't feel motivated because Montreal was spinning their tires, but he looked bad.

He did miss a lot of time with his injury (or injuries). At 32, if he signs a cheap deal to fit in their cap as a means to get a better one the following year or be trade bait at the deadline, that'd be good for him. I think he had some real issues with his recovery for his injury (he had 3 hand surgeries that year), I recall even Hughes calling out the Canucks handling of it.

Having that many surgeries on his hand and then missing time, having issues with how his injuries were handled, that can really set a player back.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Looking forward to hearing how the Kings gave up on him too soon when he scores 2 goal against them in a losing effort, completely forgetting why they traded him in the first place. :laugh:

CraigBillington

Dec 10, 2010
He was cooked before his last contract
Still one of the strangest contract extensions I have seen

I remember Benning complaining about having cap-space to sign Hughes and Pettersson

then for absolutely no reason Benning kept him at the deadline then gave him a contract with a NTC
Nobody in the hockey world understood what the hell Benning was doing
and before the contract kicked in, assured him he wouldn't be exposed in the expansion draft. Fairly sure Seattle wouldn't have taken him with that contract regardless.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
and before the contract kicked in, assured him he wouldn't be exposed in the expansion draft. Fairly sure Seattle wouldn't have taken him with that contract regardless.

I Remember Ray Ferraro was doing his TSN post when this was announced.

He literally swore on air.
“Does Benning have any idea WTF a salary cap is? I’m serious”

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Jim Benning's birthday gift to Bo Horvat to keep him in the top 6.
Pearson was cooked when signing that contract, he was slow and was clearly hurt.

But for reasons unknown, he signed him to that contract.

Reactions: David71

jd22

Aug 16, 2008
Texel, Netherlands
And without having signed Pearson, it is entirely possible Pete could be on a 7y x 9m deal rather than his 11, since Benning had to bridge him at 7 because that was all the cap space he had left.

May you rot in cap hell forever, Benning.

Nogatco Rd

Did you just call me Coltrane?
Apr 3, 2021
He did miss a lot of time with his injury (or injuries). At 32, if he signs a cheap deal to fit in their cap as a means to get a better one the following year or be trade bait at the deadline, that'd be good for him. I think he had some real issues with his recovery for his injury (he had 3 hand surgeries that year), I recall even Hughes calling out the Canucks handling of it.

Having that many surgeries on his hand and then missing time, having issues with how his injuries were handled, that can really set a player back.
Damn I forgot about that. 6-7 surgeries total per Dhaliwal.

Looks like after Hughes’ comments the Canucks did an internal investigation into Pearson’s treatment by the medical staff, I wonder what they ended up concluding.

Rafafouille

May 12, 2015
QC
Knights need warm bodies for training camp, Pearson still thinks he can make the NHL somewhere and this gives him attention, nothing else really. He looks absolutely done though.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
He is just for the vet requirement for preseason games. He is not an NHLer anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad