Confirmed Trade: [VGK/CAR] Trevor van Riemsdyk and 2018 7th round pick for 2nd round pick (#62)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
If the dman is Fleury then yes, otherwise no, we don't.

Pretty sure it's Bean, not Fleury, we might make available.

Reading the LeBrun tweet...I'm pretty sure the top-7 D the Canes aren't willing to move are Hanifin, Slavin, Fleury, Pesce, Faulk, TVR, Dahlbeck.

Though, I don't know why it would be 7 and not 6, Dahlbeck's nothing special in a press-box warmer.

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
Pretty sure it's Bean, not Fleury, we might make available.

Reading the LeBrun tweet...I'm pretty sure the top-7 D the Canes aren't willing to move are Hanifin, Slavin, Fleury, Pesce, Faulk, TVR, Dahlbeck.

Though, I don't know why it would be 7 and not 6, Dahlbeck's nothing special in a press-box warmer.

Fleury is still considered a prospect, and I'm not sure why we'd be unwilling to move him. The right deal comes along to improve the forward corps, and he's gone IMO.

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
Fleury is still considered a prospect, and I'm not sure why we'd be unwilling to move him. The right deal comes along to improve the forward corps, and he's gone IMO.

The right deal, sure...but I'm guessing the TVR deal was about finding Fleury (and specifically Fleury) a partner on the 3rd-pair so he doesn't spend his rookie year paired with a menagerie of crap.

That is, that the internal decision has been made that he's not being shopped to get that needed forward and it would take a substantially-better offer to get him instead of Bean.

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
I am confused.

Why didn't we trade him ourselves and have Vegas select either Kruger or the bust Pokka (who will never see regular NHL time on the Hawks)?

Asinine from Bowman if there isn't more to this (like Kruger to Vegas in exchange for something more than 0).

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Depends on the win-now. Getting to the playoffs? They're win-now, and need to make them next year. Winning the Cup? That window is probably 2-3 years away.

They've fixed, or at least made big improvements on, two of their three key weaknesses, goaltending and bottom-pair D. And because the cap floor says they kinda have to, they're going to spend at least 6-7 million on a forward, which in theory should be a pretty good player. They were only 7 points out last season. even if they don't get their one big fish they could acquire two more 40-point types and have a pretty formidable lineup.

Finlandia WOAT

No blocks, No slappers
May 23, 2010
Vegas is easily going to be the worst team in the League, so that 7th in 2018 is actually a 6th. You're a genius GMRF!!

Bronson

Apr 5, 2007
Good for Carolina who already had one of the strongest d-corps in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad