Confirmed Trade: [VGK/CAR] Trevor van Riemsdyk and 2018 7th round pick for 2nd round pick (#62)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Slavin- Pesce
Hanifin- Faulk
Fleury/x- TVR

Darling.

Damm Carolina.

caniac247

Nov 1, 2006
Raleigh
I thought CAR would be trading quality defensemen away and they are bringing more in.

Confused.

During the end of year presser Francis said he wanted to address 3 things this offseason:

Goaltending - check
3rd pair defense - check
Top 6 forward - TBD

TVR is likely the 5th defenseman who could be paired with Fleury.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Francis sure likes them Blackhawks players: Bickell, Teuvo, Darling, TVR, Versteeg, Nordstrom, Stalberg, Dahlbeck (plus guys like Wiz/Leighton to a certain extent).

Francis likes a good deal. Taking advantage of teams in Cap Hell to get advantageous deals has been his go-to since he came to town, and has been a big part of the rebuild he's involved. Its smart, and allows the Canes to load up on futures from teams that can't afford to keep them.

Just so happens that Chicago has been in the worst Cap spot since he took the job.

BHD

Here comes Skinner
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Another solid move by Francis. A move or two up front, and the 'Canes have the looks of a playoff team.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
I thought Haydn Fleury to the rescue?

RHD vs LHD. In all likelihood Fleury-TVR will be a pair.

Last year's abysmal 3rd pairing was Hanifin paired with a rotating door of Murphy, Dahlbeck, Tennyson, and Nakladal. Once Hainsey was traded and Hanifin was moved up he started playing much, much better. TVR will be huge for the 3rd pair.

CheMxDawG

Jan 26, 2017
People in this thread are really showing how much they know about us.

We needed 3rd pairing RHD, not getting rid of one our LHD just because of this trade.

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
I thought Haydn Fleury to the rescue?

Right...and we're going to play him with who? The below-par Klaes Dahlbeck? The defensively-abysmal Ryan Murphy? Fellow rookie Roland McKeown?

TVR was acquired presumably to pair a veteran quality #5 with Fleury.

LeonDraisaitl

Jan 5, 2015
Saskatchewan
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Man, that guy on the right looks like Logan Couture

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Woohoo! Called the 1st move of the day.

Dahlbeck - TvR will be a good 3rd pairing.

Fleury can spend another year in the minors.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
I'm hoping for a Stempniak + 2018 2nd rounder as a Knights fan.

I'd take Murphy + 2nd as well but no point in acquiring Murphy with the current blue-line jam, he'd probably just end up in the AHL.

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
Woohoo! Called the 1st move of the day.

Dahlbeck - TvR will be a good 3rd pairing.

Fleury can spend another year in the minors.

Fleury doesn't need to spend another year in the minors...he played well enough last training camp to have made the team, but was sent to Charlotte to get more ice-time and because the Canes didn't want too much youth on the blueline too soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad