GDT: Very important preseason game in Tampa

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Yeah, almost nobody stood out. The PK looked pretty good. FUS made a couple of those subtle correct plays you'd expect from him, but nothing spectacular. Honka had the good play on the goal and a couple of defensive miscues. We didn't get much in the way of PP time and most of it was with the vets in the lineup with the kids getting some later second PP time if I recall correctly. Kochetkov looked pretty good and made a couple of really solid saves along with some normal scambly, chaotic stuff from him. Mostly, normal early preseason shit.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Granted I only moderately paid attention half the time because it really was a boring and disjointed game, but I don't think there were even many standout plays much less players. Hell we only had like 10 shots heading into the 3rd? Honka's goal move was pretty impressive, but I don't think he'll get many opportunities like that. FUS did have a few nice plays if I recall, he maybe has some Aho-lite qualities with the way he reads the game, but he also got plastered a couple times due to his size (and checks-from-behind not getting called)

It definitely wasn't his fault, there was a lot of traffic out front screening him, our d-men couldn't move them.
Tldr team looked like saggy granny ass in the pre season.

Solution 3 hours of squats a day.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Feb 23, 2014
Saw a post that confirms, only in-market folks can view pre-season games. Nothing like building the brand, NHL fail.

Maybe the NHL thinks that random viewers would tune in for the "season opener", see rusty players skating into each other and mistake it for the actual product and then not tune in for more games.

For a couple of seasons, they have shown a number of games on a free-to-view channel in my whereabouts, so I'd think the attempt to build the brand is there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad