Speculation: 2024-25 - Free Agency/Trade Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rooch

Jul 22, 2021
What has he been talking about since late in the season? A top six forward and a top four defenseman.

He does not strike me as the sort of GM who just runs his mouth. He's a serious man. A serious man with $33M in his pocket and a spoken desire to compete next season. He's going to back that up with transactions or he'll look like a fool.

Top six forwards and top four defensemen are not middle-of-the-road role players. They're not Max Jones or Brett Leason. They're stars. They're Stamkos and Marchessault and Reinhart.

I have an inkling we may be surprised by something tomorrow. He may not hit what he's aiming for but you can't win if you don't play.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
He was probably just repeating what he had heard from Grant Mccagg who was the first to say that Verbeek wasn't keen on Russians and that the Ducks were seriously considering Sennecke and Yakemchuk.
Frank nailed the top three hours before the draft though and was definitive about it. Mccagg was waffling until the end.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Unfortunately i feel like there just isnt room for Vaaks....
Another causality of cam fowler, the list goes on.... when will this madness end.

Lindstrom i feel like hopefully were talking too, he was very solid for us... but i assume 1 of Zellweger/Lacombe is taking a RHD spot.... Gudas taking 1, and we plan on signing 1..... maybe the team wants to find more of a vet presence at 7/8... or they think 1 of helleson/hinds are closer to getting looks.

Leason should be brought back.... was arguably our best PK'r and prob our best depth player.

Jones and Groulx.... bye!

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2