Value of: Vejmelka to Carolina

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
If the Coyotes trade Vejmelka, who will play backup for AZ?

Villalta's on fire in the AHL, but he's never played an NHL game before and the Coyotes are in the thick of the playoff race.

Reactions: hn777

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
If the Coyotes trade Vejmelka, who will play backup for AZ?

Villalta's on fire in the AHL, but he's never played an NHL game before and the Coyotes are in the thick of the playoff race.
I think the premise would be built around Raanta (waived today) for Vejmelka (not doing well lately).

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I'd assume the Canes are more after a guy like Mrazek. Vej is probably going to carry too high of a price tag even with his down numbers this season.
Ya, I agree. Think guys like Martin, Allen/Primeau, or Reimer will be the target. Teams that have a 3 goalie carousel.

Reactions: MinJaBen

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Ya, I agree. Think guys like Martin, Allen/Primeau, or Reimer will be the target. Teams that have a 3 goalie carousel.
I'm leaning Mrazek, though Reimer is a possibility. Martin and Allen don't really do anything for me, Allen's the better of the two but personally I'd prefer an expiring contract so that the team can easier take another look at the trade market in net this offseason.

Reactions: Tryamw

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Vejmelka and a 2nd for Raanta and a 1st.
No for this ARI fan based on standings right now and how I think our season will end up going. Close though.

I'd want a Kuemper like deal for him. He's a more valuable asset than Kuemper was imo.

Reactions: Nowotny

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Really?.. somethimg about vejmelka we dont know? Which of the 18 2nds rounders?

I would do this
Florida’s? Basically, you get likely the worst of the 2nds so it’s something close to 30ish spots difference between Carolina’s 1st and Florida’s 2nd.

Vejmelka is a good goalie and probably better than Carolina’s other options, but I don’t think he’s pulling a huge haul in the same season he’s basically lost the starting gig to Ingram.

Additionally, Arizona has too much pick volume already. They won’t be able to use all these picks and sign all the prospects. 50 contract limit. They need to consolidate.

Plus, this gives them more flexibility to potentially trade for some extra blueline help. Maybe move some of those other picks for someone like Mario Ferraro or something.

Finally, with Raanta clearing waivers? The Yotes can assign him to Tucson and call up Matt Villalta who’s earned it.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Florida’s? Basically, you get likely the worst of the 2nds so it’s something close to 30ish spots difference between Carolina’s 1st and Florida’s 2nd.

Vejmelka is a good goalie and probably better than Carolina’s other options, but I don’t think he’s pulling a huge haul in the same season he’s basically lost the starting gig to Ingram.

Additionally, Arizona has too much pick volume already. They won’t be able to use all these picks and sign all the prospects. 50 contract limit. They need to consolidate.

Plus, this gives them more flexibility to potentially trade for some extra blueline help. Maybe move some of those other picks for someone like Mario Ferraro or something.

Finally, with Raanta clearing waivers? The Yotes can assign him to Tucson and call up Matt Villalta who’s earned it.
Always appreciate your Insight but yeah I would do this get a goalie, personally I've really liked him since he's entered the league

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Sharks will give you Kahkonen for a 3rd. +4 GSAx this season according to Moneypuck.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I'm leaning Mrazek, though Reimer is a possibility. Martin and Allen don't really do anything for me, Allen's the better of the two but personally I'd prefer an expiring contract so that the team can easier take another look at the trade market in net this offseason.
I'll be surprised if Chicago trades Mrazek mid-season unless the price is right.

If it was Mrazek, Raanta would be going the other way because their goalie tandem would be Soderblom and Stauber. Chicago doesn't care about winning, but with that tandem I doubt they can even be competitive.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
I'll be surprised if Chicago trades Mrazek mid-season unless the price is right.

If it was Mrazek, Raanta would be going the other way because their goalie tandem would be Soderblom and Stauber. Chicago doesn't care about winning, but with that tandem I doubt they can even be competitive.
Agreed don’t see the hawks moving him this early at all

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.

I mean, if they want another #1 pick, Raanta's your man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad