Proposal: Vegas - Winnipeg (Ehlers - Theodore)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
:vegas Vegas acquires: LW/RW Nikolaj Ehlers and LD Ville Heinola

:jetsWinnipeg acquires: LD/RD Shea Theodore and C Matyas Sapovaliv

The Golden Knights get a very skilled and speedy top 6 scoring winger in Ehlers that can play LW or RW + the PP that also includes an accurate shot on net.

The Knights also get a talented defenseman with upside that is an excellent skater in Heinola who can move the puck.

The Jets get a supremely talented, versatile and skilled top 4 defender in Theodore that excels in generating offense + PP. Theodore is one of the NHL's best at getting his shots through to the net and can score from the point.

The Jets also get a quality defensively responsible playmaking center in Sapovaliv.

This proposed trade would be contingent on Theodore, Ehlers and Heinola signing new contracts with their respective clubs.

Reactions: Jacob582

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Terrible for Vegas. Theodore is worth much more than Ehlers. And frankly I’d rather have Sapovilev than Heinola. Underrated prospect. That’s a wash at best.

Reactions: HabsQC

Maurice of Orange

Feb 5, 2016
Terrible for Vegas. Theodore is worth much more than Ehlers. And frankly I’d rather have Sapovilev than Heinola. Underrated prospect. That’s a wash at best.
Vegas would be dealing from a position of strength at RD where Theodore played this season while filling a weakened a top 6 wing spot replacing the outgoing Marchessault with one of the better players even strength scoring last season in Ehlers.

Maurice of Orange

Feb 5, 2016
I'd like to hear the pitch from Vegas management trying to get Theodore to waive for Winnipeg.
How many teams are on his modified no trade clause?

Does Shea have a say if Vegas decides to move him before the next deadline or sooner.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
I'd like to hear the pitch from Vegas management trying to get Theodore to waive for Winnipeg.
"Shea, I know this is tough, but we'll keep this between us" . . .

We'll pay off your Las Vegas mortgage so you have a free paid-up retirement location

Your kid's college educations are on us

Although you are married, we'll fund a standing order at the Mustang Ranch and two other locations and call them a corporate benefit under a newly drafted employee plan.

And most importantly, when the baseball stadium is finished, we'll name it Shea Stadium!

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
How many teams are on his modified no trade clause?

Does Shea have a say if Vegas decides to move him before the next deadline or sooner.
I thought he has an NMC now, but even if it is only an NTC, however many teams he has on it, you can guarantee Winnipeg is one of them.

Man I miss CF.

Reactions: Buffdog

Maurice of Orange

Feb 5, 2016
I thought he has an NMC now, but even if it is only an NTC, however many teams he has on it, you can guarantee Winnipeg is one of them.

Man I miss CF.
I had to look it up on other sites now that I can’t refer to CF anymore (thanks caps) it says on PuckP and S-Track that Shea Theodore has a M-NTC with a 5 team no trade list, if that is correct it would allow Vegas the option for 26 teams that Vegas could trade Theodore to.

Theodore is from Langley, BC Canada so it’s not a guarantee that Winnipeg on on his 5 team M-NTC. Maybe he has teams from out east blocked, no one knows for sure except for those who have access to Shea Theodore’s contract details.

Maurice of Orange

Feb 5, 2016
Pass on Ehlers. Heinola would be on waivers. How about Theo for Mcgroarty+ a 2nd instead?
Vegas and Winnipeg have enough room to carry 23 players, if Heinola were on Vegas roster if they needed room Hutton or Rondbjerg would be on waivers before Heinola or Korczak.

Maurice of Orange

Feb 5, 2016
If Theodore comes with an extension, the Jets do that in less than a half of a heartbeat

But as had been stated, the NTC strikes again. It could be a 1 team NTC and we'd still be f***ed
Kelly McCrimmon made a commitment to Alex Pietrangelo and Noah Hanifin when he signed them to long term deals, Theodore is a pending UFA after this season that would probably demand a salary of around $8.25mil to an even $9mil per season on a long term contract at 29 years old, when you take into account that the Golden Knights are already paying Hanifin and Alex Pietrangelo large contracts, signing Theodore to a big extension becomes much more risky for the Golden Knights.

No team has ever invested this much money into three top defenders.

Because of these reasons, many insiders believe that the Golden Knights could be looking to trade Theodore.

The Jets have the long term cap space to sign a player of Theodore’s ilk, Ehlers won’t cost nearly as much as Theodore but serves a purpose on any teams top 6 wing or on the power-play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad