GDT: Vegas @ Washington | 1/24/22 | 7p ET

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I mean wtf….zero run support…..Ovy is overpassing to Backstrom and hitting goalie crests, CMM is shooting pucks into the back of the cage….frustrating….

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I mean wtf….zero run support…..Ovy is overpassing to Backstrom and hitting goalie crests, CMM is shooting pucks into the back of the cage….frustrating….

I lost my mind at that one. I know Lehner's playing well but he shouldn't pass on an opportunity like that. He just needs to fire it as hard as he can and try to punch a hole through the 5 hole.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I really think he was a flash in the pan, jumped on a train headed for the cup and never looked back. I'm not sure what he is right now is anything more than he ever was or will be.
Have to wonder what would have happened if he didn't have that string of injuries. But I agree that he's probably never getting back to where he was, or even truly an NHL regular level again. He showed some real promise the season after the Cup, but I do agree that stretch of time was likely going to be the peak of his career. Had hoped the decline wouldn't have been so swift or so steep tho.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Sponsor
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Have to wonder what would have happened if he didn't have that string of injuries. But I agree that he's probably never getting back to where he was, or even truly an NHL regular level again. He showed some real promise the season after the Cup, but I do agree that stretch of time was likely going to be the peak of his career. Had hoped the decline wouldn't have been so swift or so steep tho.
Yeah I was optimistic, especially given the contract he got but I just don't think it's going to work out. Unfortunately I think if he wants to be regular somewhere in a top 4 he's going to have to look to head back to Europe.

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
The veteran savvy is just thru the roof.

upload_2022-1-24_21-32-45.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad