Proposal: Vancouver-Seattle

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
To Vancouver:

Carson Soucy

To Seattle:

Tanner Pearson
4th round Pick 2023

With Seattle’s influx in LHD and Vancouver needing a defensive LHD I feel like it’s a perfect swap.
Seattle only has 8 quality defenseman at the NHL level, if one is traded and injury occurs, Seattle doesn’t really have nothing of depth right now to replace any traded, injured or sick defenseman right now.

If Vancouver added a waiver exempt defenseman that is very low on Vancouver’s depth chart this deal might work.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
To Vancouver:

Carson Soucy

To Seattle:

Tanner Pearson
4th round Pick 2023

With Seattle’s influx in LHD and Vancouver needing a defensive LHD I feel like it’s a perfect swap.

Seattle has no reason to make this deal.

Some dime a dozen, “meh” bottom six forward the expansion draft gave Seattle in droves and a nearly valueless 4th rounder for one of their usual game night defenders.

why not just make it a 2nd round pick and call it a day. No Pearson. No nearly valueless 4th.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
They get a top 9 forward and mid round pick for an expendable dman.

We already have a bunch of those given the expansion draft rules.
What we need are upgrades or higher draft picks than a mid rounder.

So Soucy won't be traded to Vancouver for that package, especially since it's a division rival.

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
To Vancouver:

Carson Soucy

To Seattle:

Tanner Pearson
4th round Pick 2023

Soucy and Fleury have both almost exclusively played on the right side all season.

Gio and Lauzon have played both sides. With Larsson being the only RHD playing regularly, (Borgen has sat most of the season), Okeksiak and Dunn are the only players that have almost exclusive played on the left.

As a Seattle fan, I wouldn't be opposed to moving Soucy, but I would also like to see him get a stretch of games playing on his natural side before jettisoning him before they know exactly what they have.

As for the offer, Pearson and a 4th in 2 years doesn't move the needle, imo.

Also, Soucy isn't really a D first guy. He's a bit of a 4/5 two way defenseman. If you are looking for a shut-down guy, Soucy should not be your target.

Last edited:

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
We might get a mid-round pick back for Pearson but we'd have to take similar cap back.

He still has two years left on his contract @ 3.25 after this one lol (thanks Benning).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad