Proposal: Vancouver-Pittsburgh

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Reilly Smith for Mikheyev and either a 3rd rounder this year or a 2nd rounder next year. Smith is the more offensively gifted player who would fit better with Pettersson who if doesn't work out just walks as a UFA, while Pittsburgh essentially gets another pick for taking an additional year of contract.

Last edited:

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
Mikheyev and a 4th is decent value wise but the nucks probably prefer more picks for less salary coming back. Could be revisited after July 1st

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
I'm not personally interested in an extra year on a contract when Smith is in his final year. Rather just dump him for a 3rd in a month or at the deadline.

DrDangles

Mar 1, 2013
Would rather just retain on Smith and get a decent asset without taking another contract back.

Reactions: kinghock

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I think Smith will be a positive value asset who can return a mid round pick this year on his own so the offer doesn't really appeal.

StIvany4Norris

Oct 13, 2020
Make the pick a prospect and I think there's a conversation to be had with including Mikheyev

Otherwise would rather just move Smith for cap space and a minor pick, which they should be able to do

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Make the pick a prospect and I think there's a conversation to be had with including Mikheyev

Otherwise would rather just move Smith for cap space and a minor pick, which they should be able to do

Would Aatu Raty fit the bill for that? I'd honestly rather give him up than a 2025 2nd round pick tbh.

But he's probably somewhere in that ~2nd round pick value range. And a prospect who is right on the NHL cusp that i can see being appealing for Pittsburgh.

I'm still kind of iffy on the whole premise. I've always really liked Reilly Smith as a player...but his struggles this year concern me a bit. He's always been a bit of an up and down player year to year, which is why Florida gifted him to Vegas in the first place. But at his age...i'm not as confident that he'll bounce back like he has previously.

I'd probably still do Mikheyev + Raty for Smith though. Roll the dice i guess.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Yeah I don't think the Pens would want to bring back an extra year of a bad contract without something attached to it that's worthwhile.

Like others have stated, needs to be a decent pick or middling prospect.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I'd prefer to just get cap space back out of a Mikheyev trade.

It really just depends on the cost for me. If you can get a reasonable "bounceback" candidate like Reilly Smith for a lot less in terms of "assets" cost...i'd definitely look at it.

But if the price gets too high...i'd rather just buy out Mikky.

OtherThingsILike

May 6, 2020
Pittsburgh
I like either moving Smith for Mikheyev + 2025 2nd or Mikheyev + Raty.

I think it's partially because I'm not as opposed to Mikheyev as a lot of people are, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad