Post-Game Talk: Vancouver Canucks Young Stars Classic Penticton BC Sept 5-9

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ARSix

Mar 12, 2012
So I guess Shinkaruk was the leading scorer for VAN at the end of the day, 4 points in 3 games? Is there a tourney leaders sheet anywhere?

thefeebster

Mar 13, 2009
Vancouver
So I guess Shinkaruk was the leading scorer for VAN at the end of the day, 4 points in 3 games? Is there a tourney leaders sheet anywhere?
Yes, Shinkaruk is now the leading scorer 1-3- 4 in 3 games.

http://canucks.stats.pointstreak.com/teamplayerstats.html?teamid=460273&seasonid=11491

Edit: went through a tunnel! That was the the Canucks leading scorers. This is the tournament's leading scorers, in case you can't navigate the site.

http://canucks.stats.pointstreak.com/scoringleaders.html?leagueid=1063&seasonid=11491

Last edited:

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
Sounds like Gaunce sucked his way through another game. When's he getting finally going to be discarded?

:sarcasm:

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Literally not one thing Henrik Tommernes has done in his life has indicated he has NHL potential. He's 23 years old, this tourney continues that trend so...

Well except for you know playing in the SEL since he was 18. He certainly may not work out in North America (he was a 7th round pick), but to conclude anything based on what is slightly serious shinny hockey is utterly nonsensical. The only thing the tourney really says is that in this type of atmosphere canucks prospects can go head to head with other teams prospects and not be embarrassed. It certainly isn't going to tell you anything compared to exhibition games. And as we all know exhibition games don't tell you much about regular season games.

The only real thing this does for the more highly touted and signed kids is allow them to start to ramp things up a week or so before camp so they are better prepared for main camp. It allows some of the others to perhaps be given an extended look in camp or for the canucks to keep an eye on them as the year progresses (Guimond for example). That's about it.

Last edited:

arsmaster*

Well except for you know playing in the SEL since he was 18. He certainly may not work out in North America (he was a 7th round pick), but to conclude anything based on what is slightly serious shinny hockey is utterly nonsensical.

Sounds like what 99% of HFboards has become.

-----

Really wish I could have seen this game today. Sounds like ol' HS was pretty pumped to put a puck in the net.

Would have liked to see that.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Someone go tell the Flames fans that Shinkaruk is tied for lead in tournament socring and Porier isn't.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
Look at the stats, jeez Ericksson had some impressive stats for a goalie who was being ragged on quite a bit. I didn't watch the games so who knows but a .931 save percentage is never a bad thing.
Corrado had a lot a Pims in junior so he is an agressive player if he has an advantage. It is good to know as the d core is good but a bit passive with Tanev, Edler being non combative Garrison, Hamhuis slightly more aggressive, only Bieksa has bite. Not expecting Corrado to fight like Bieksa can, but if he has an edge that would to something good to add to the team. I think Corrado is going to play in Vancouver this year for sure. They did not waste a year of his ELC just to send him to the AHL. He showed he has NHL skill and composure. He will not be a regular on the pp so really what is he going to learn in the AHL that he cannot learn on the job in the NHL. Out of the current prospects he is most likely to have an impact this year and next. I like Tanev a lot but Corrado is more physical and more offensively skilled, so does not need time in the AHL that Tanev got.

PRNuck

May 20, 2009
Calgary
So, did we technically win the tournament seeing as how we went 3 and 1 while the Jets and Flames went 2 and 1. :naughty:

I demand a Prospect Cup! It will look like the Oilers logo, and be inscribed with the city's motto: "Just you wait..."

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
So, did we technically win the tournament seeing as how we went 3 and 1 while the Jets and Flames went 2 and 1. :naughty:

Not technically it is a straight out victory!!:laugh: Anyway you cut it though 3 and 1 is better than 2 and 1 so if there is a winner it would be Vancouver. The winning does not mean much but that multiple 18 year old's from this years draft played well is a higher level of competition is a positive. Cassels, Subban showed they are real prospects something many 3rd and 4th round picks never show. While Horvat, HS, Jensen, Gaunce, all showed some hope as well. First year multiple Canuck prospects show hope. For example the three centers of Horvat, Gaunce and Cassels may all be NHL players someday.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I think some slack needs to be cut for guys like Tommernes in particular. Guys like him, Andersson, Eriksson and Friesen had the advantage of already having turned pro. I think the fact that they seemed a bit sleepy in this tournament can be at least partially attributed to conserving energy for main camp, the pre-season, etc.

Put another way - when Sacha Guimond is standing out more than guys like Frankie Corrado, it should tell you something about the effort level everyone is putting forth. Not taking anything away from Guimond's tournament, mind you; I think he has a good chance of making an impact in Utica.

HighAndTight

Ready To Be Hurt Again
Jan 12, 2008
Victoria, BC
I think some slack needs to be cut for guys like Tommernes in particular. Guys like him, Andersson, Eriksson and Friesen had the advantage of already having turned pro. I think the fact that they seemed a bit sleepy in this tournament can be at least partially attributed to conserving energy for main camp, the pre-season, etc.

Put another way - when Sacha Guimond is standing out more than guys like Frankie Corrado, it should tell you something about the effort level everyone is putting forth. Not taking anything away from Guimond's tournament, mind you; I think he has a good chance of making an impact in Utica.

This :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad