Proposal: Vancouver Canucks-Dallas Stars

manroth19

May 20, 2015
Both teams say no

Tanev for dal 1st?

Dallas gets burnt a little bit valuewise but he’d be a great fit in Dallas playing behind Klingberg matchup wise and fit. Could prolly play him with Miro (he’s been a pretty good babysitter in Vancouver last few years)

Methot Klingberg
Heiskenin Tanev

That’s a solid top 4 that could eat enough minutes to shelter a 3rd pairing even on the road

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
1) Spezza doesn't have negative value to us. We're not in a cap crunch and are expecting a decent bounce back season with a new coach.

2) No chance I trade Heiskanen for a 7th overall pick + 2nd round gamble + 40 games / year of Chris Tanev. Heiskanen was a 3OA that absolutely killed it and exceeded all lofty expectations.

Jumping from 7OA to Heiskanen takes more than a 2nd round pick and a highly injury prone defender that is 10 years older than him. That's not even counting Spezza, who as previously said, doesn't have negative value to us.

Not saying Tanev is a bad player, but he is not the kind of guy you move a player like Heiskanen for

Reactions: Ragernschnapple

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
To Dallas: Chris Tanev + 7th overall + 2nd round

To Vancouver: Miro Heiskanen + Jason Spezza.

Canucks propose to this deal to Dallas if Bouchard and Dobson are selected before the Canucks make their selection.

Fair?

For those saying it is over payment by the nucks

Miro Heiskanen is one of the best D-men not in the nhl right now and his addition without Patterson coming back

a case could be made

Tanev=Spezza
Heiskanen = Patterson

Dallas fans may not like the comparisons--but Heiskanen is that good and given Tanev's injury history--I would not trade Heiskanen for that deal let alone add Spezza

I have seen Heiskanen play a lot over the past few years and he is the next great Finnish D man

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
Both teams say no

Tanev for dal 1st?

Dallas gets burnt a little bit valuewise but he’d be a great fit in Dallas playing behind Klingberg matchup wise and fit. Could prolly play him with Miro (he’s been a pretty good babysitter in Vancouver last few years)

Methot Klingberg
Heiskenin Tanev

That’s a solid top 4 that could eat enough minutes to shelter a 3rd pairing even on the road
From a Vancouver POV I would be all over that. We could come out with say Dobson/Bouchard at 7 and then Farabee/Kotkaniemi/Veleno or Smith at 13.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Both teams say no

Tanev for dal 1st?

Methot Klingberg
Heiskenin Tanev

No... We need scoring depth help and we need prospects to fill in the holes as Benn and Seguin creep into the 20 million combined cap territory. Trading our first for Tanev is pointless for Dallas

However I not shocked you are completely unaware of our situation seeing as you have Methot over Lindell

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
No... We need scoring depth help and we need prospects to fill in the holes as Benn and Seguin creep into the 20 million combined cap territory. Trading our first for Tanev is pointless for Dallas

However I not shocked you are completely unaware of our situation seeing as you have Methot over Lindell
Is it just me or does Kovalchuk make too much sense for you guys? You finally figured out your defensive and goalie woes last season, just couldn't score. With Nuke coming back over, Kovalchuk would be playing with a Russian RW no matter what. This top 6 looks scary to me and isn't bad on cap space as Spezza's contract would just parlay into Seguins extension:

Benn-Seguin-Radulov
Kovalchuk-Spezza-Nuke

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Is it just me or does Kovalchuk make too much sense for you guys? You finally figured out your defensive and goalie woes last season, just couldn't score. With Nuke coming back over, Kovalchuk would be playing with a Russian RW no matter what. This top 6 looks scary to me and isn't bad on cap space as Spezza's contract would just parlay into Seguins extension:

Benn-Seguin-Radulov
Kovalchuk-Spezza-Nuke
I wouldnt mind him im just worried about the term he might get. He is good now but he is 35 and wants more than 1 year.

manroth19

May 20, 2015

Totally forgot about Lindell for some stupid reason. You’re absolutely right

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
Wouldn't give up much for Tanev just because he's only good for 50 games a year. They already made that mistake last year with Hanzal.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
I wouldnt mind him im just worried about the term he might get. He is good now but he is 35 and wants more than 1 year.

He seems to be a pretty durable guy though and i think will age well, as long as it doesn't exceed three years I wouldn't be too nervous. Plus Radulov driving the line with Kovalchuk as the trigger man would be just gross

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
He seems to be a pretty durable guy though and i think will age well, as long as it doesn't exceed three years I wouldn't be too nervous. Plus Radulov driving the line with Kovalchuk as the trigger man would be just gross
I couldn't see it being more than 3 years. At 35 I would be reluctant to even give him the 3rd year. Who knows what he's looking for at this point. If he's really determined to win a cup, he may be better off signing a 1 year deal, just in case that team under performs, he can be traded at the TDL to a contender.

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
For those saying it is over payment by the nucks

Miro Heiskanen is one of the best D-men not in the nhl right now and his addition without Patterson coming back

a case could be made

Tanev=Spezza
Heiskanen = Patterson

Dallas fans may not like the comparisons--but Heiskanen is that good and given Tanev's injury history--I would not trade Heiskanen for that deal let alone add Spezza

I have seen Heiskanen play a lot over the past few years and he is the next great Finnish D man

Who’s Patterson? And come on, Spezza and Tanev are not equal. Spezza is six years older and had 26 points last year. Tanev has far more value

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Both teams say no

Tanev for dal 1st?

Methot Klingberg
Heiskenin Tanev

The draft is in Dallas.

Highly doubt they'll move their first unless it's for a name slightly bigger than Chris Tanev.

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
I thought this 3rd Overall for Tanev was over after the draft. Glad to see that it's been resurrected by adding more crap to it to try to get Heiskanen.

We weren't interested in this before the draft, certainly not interested in it now. We don't need someone to take Spezza's contract and certainly not at the expense of losing Heiskanen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad