Confirmed with Link: [VAN/WIN] Canucks acquire 2022 3rd Round Pick for D Nate Schmidt

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Quit the ad hominems bandy, it is unbecoming.

that he was dumped for a 3rd is a fact. Everything else is speculation and rumour.
Your original post didn't actually claim that Vegas was right and the experts were wrong, it claimed Schmidt was generally seen as a negative asset. This isn't true, and I'm pretty sure you realize this. Various reputable journalists reported other GMs were unhappy not to have had a chance to beat Vancouver's offer. Pointing out this inconsistency isn't ad hominem.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I like Montour a ton as well but he isn't a shutdown guy in the brand we need, he'd be another one who would suffer from the clogged up PP blueline
I don’t like him, but he’s heavy and plays RD. Also has a big shot. Benning will love that scouting report

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I like how we acquire a really solid defenseman for peanuts and he hates it so bad under our defensive system and coaching that he wants out instantly. The difference between Vegas and Vancouver must have been shocking
Is that the reason he wants out?..I think there's more to it than that..IMO

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
OK so now its really important we use that cap space appropriately to fill the whole that is now in our defense

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
Well that was underwhelming. Shame we could not get a guy like Demelo at least.

Now Benning has nearly $10MM of cap space to blow. Needless to say, his track record with UFAs has been nothing but tragic.

Reactions: MarkMM

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Your original post didn't actually claim that Vegas was right and the experts were wrong, it claimed Schmidt was generally seen as a negative asset. This isn't true, and I'm pretty sure you realize this. Various reputable journalists reported other GMs were unhappy not to have had a chance to beat Vancouver's offer. Pointing out this inconsistency isn't ad hominem.

talking about what I “claim to believe” implying that I don’t really believe what I’m posting is an attack of my motives instead of my argument, which is the definition of an ad hominem.

I think Schmidt was clearly viewed as a poor asset, as evidenced by the trade. I don’t care about some bullshit rumor that you’re babbling about.

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site
Just...why??? We're in an endless circle of avoiding our own self-inflected cap problems.

We have a total of exactly 3 NHL defenders right now and only Hughes is what I would call a top-3 D.

Reactions: geebaan

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Im seriously being to wonder if Benning is looking at signing Hughes and Petey longterm with all this capspace and then would deal our 2022/2023 1st for a top 4 dman

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
You could have cropped out or redacted my post. I'm innocent. :oops:
I purposely left it because you put schenn in there so people could see what focht was referring to. Cut out most of your post buddy :thumbu:

Reactions: F A N

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
Getting him for a third was great value and was a good move. After having a disappointing year and reportedly wanting out getting a third back is fine. In both cases he is most definitely worth more than a third, but given the circumstances its not a horrible deal provided the contracts for Petey, Hughes, Dickinson, 4C, RD, and backup goalie arent just insane. Benning has a lot of runway here to completely screw it up but can also construct a pretty good roster too if he doesnt. I have no reason to believe he will not hand out Pearson like deals, but I am going to hold off judgement until he actually gets these signings done and not whine ahead of time. This deal doesnt bug me at all, we'll see what happens from here.

Reactions: Pastor Of Muppetz

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
Well yes, because according to the Weisbrod Warrior faction of this board, the trade that happened last year was a one-in-a-million stroke of genius that resulted in Vegas getting completely bent over.
Difference is that Schmidt was coming off of a 31 pts in 59 games season, so for that production yes a 3rd is a steal, but at 15 pts in 54 games season then a 3rd round pick is all you get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad