Confirmed Signing with Link: [VAN] Vasili Podkolzin signs ELC with the Canucks (3 years, $925k AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
That would be nice to say the least. Would likely start on the third line like Hoglander but could potentially be in the top 6 within a few weeks.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Glad the uncertainty is out of the way.
Larionov thinks this kid is the bees knees so I am very hopeful longterm, as I respect Larionov's hockey opinions more than most.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Great for the Canucks. I still insist that Podkolzin is going to be a better NHLer than people expect.
I think most people who have really tracked his progress, rather than stat watching, would agree. He may not put up massive numbers off the start, but his aggression, physicality, fore checking are all attributes that the Canucks sorely need, he certainly provides those. I expect a 5-10 goal, 35 or so point year from him.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
He's an interesting prospect. Never put up big numbers anywhere, but the eye test tells you he should. Hopefully it works well for Vancouver, they deserve a break (and a better GM)

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
He's an interesting prospect. Never put up big numbers anywhere, but the eye test tells you he should. Hopefully it works well for Vancouver, they deserve a break (and a better GM)

I don’t think manh are expecting him to put up huge numbers in the nhl. His all around game—-aggression, fore checking, physicality are all going to help the team, even without huge point production.

Reactions: deckercky

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
I’m expecting over 40 points next year for sure. The guy is very underrated in an offensive role, and he has a non-stop motor. I’d like to see him and Hoglander play with Horvat, boy would that be an energy line.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
I’m expecting over 40 points next year for sure. The guy is very underrated in an offensive role, and he has a non-stop motor. I’d like to see him and Hoglander play with Horvat, boy would that be an energy line.

I like Pod but over 40 points is really generous. There will be an obvious adjustment both on and off the ice for him in year 1

Petey O

I can teach you how to play gicky gackers
Feb 26, 2021
Brock Boeser
Will almost immediately be my favourite Canuck player next to Nate Schmidt, most likely. Love the way he plays from what I've seen of him. EXACTLY the kind of forward the Canucks need right now, mentally and physically. I can pretty much guarantee he's going to be an effective NHL player. How high his ceiling is, is what is in question. Will he be capable of putting up massive points with his play, or be a Blake Colemanesque two way player who is a constant thorn in the side of opponents? Who knows, but either outcome I'm excited for.

Looking forward to seeing how he fits in on this team.

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
I would love to have the Canucks acquire a forward or two that would allow them to run something like the following;

Hoglander - Pettersson - Boeser
X - Miller - Podkolzin
Pearson - Horvat - X
Crappy 4th line

This way you run each of your top 3 lines around 16-18 minutes per night, split pretty equally and only have to play your 4th line around 6 to 10 minutes per night.

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
Crappy 4th line

Yeah any line with Beagle as the center will be an offensive blackhole.

I'd rather play Highmore/Graovac at center with Motte & Hawryluk/MacEwen on the wings... at least you might get some energy out of the shift.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad