Proposal: VAN / OTT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
To Ottawa Senators
Elias Pettersson

To Vancouver Canucks
Tim Stützle
Colin White
Jacob Bernard-Docker
Egor Sokolov
Talk about selling players when their value is at their lowest. This would actually be one of the most stupidest trades you can come up with. Green and the whole coaching staff will be fired before Petersson is traded, mark my words. Also our whole team is not playing well and that is on coaching. We play a dump and chase system and expect our skilled players to chase the puck down. Give the Canucks a REAL NHL coach and maybe Petersson will also be able to score more points. Look at our PK? PP? all just terrible

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I love Stutzle but Petersson one of the few guys I'd consider moving him for. Good deal but Ottawa would want to bring in someone like Petersson to play with Stutzle.

Ottawa on pace for another top 5 pick in a deep draft. We'll likely keep Stutzle and take our chances with it.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
I swear hf posters must be the absolute worst investors in the world. Based on the trade rumours forum I have to believe that the majority of people in here completely reject the idea of “buy low sell high” in favour of the 1000 IQ move know as “buy high sell low”

Very impressive I will strongly consider this kind of asset management in my own life

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
I swear hf posters must be the absolute worst investors in the world. Based on the trade rumours forum I have to believe that the majority of people in here completely reject the idea of “buy low sell high” in favour of the 1000 IQ move know as “buy high sell low”

Very impressive I will strongly consider this kind of asset management in my own life

It's why Im careful what type of trade proposals I propose. Ask the value first and go from there.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
No thanks to the OP.

How is Ottawa coming along this season though? On the off chance the Canucks were to move Pettersson, we'd be looking at win now pieces, particularly in the powerforward/net presence mold, or another dedicated shooter. Are there other available pieces that wouldn't need a +++ added to them to even out value? What about a non-Pettersson return?

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
No thanks to the OP.

How is Ottawa coming along this season though? On the off chance the Canucks were to move Pettersson, we'd be looking at win now pieces, particularly in the powerforward/net presence mold, or another dedicated shooter. Are there other available pieces that wouldn't need a +++ added to them to even out value? What about a non-Pettersson return?

Ottawa needs a 1C and help on defense. We have two NHL D-men and the rest are pretty much scrubs. Branmstrom should be playing in the NHL but DJ Smith loves physical guys.

Our losses have been close yeah we give up alot of goals but we try to be competitive. Fans are hoping Sanderson helps stabilize our D when he turns pro(although I'd prefer it if we can push his contract to start next year).

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Ottawa needs a 1C and help on defense. We have two NHL D-men and the rest are pretty much scrubs. Branmstrom should be playing in the NHL but DJ Smith loves physical guys.

Our losses have been close yeah we give up alot of goals but we try to be competitive. Fans are hoping Sanderson helps stabilize our D when he turns pro(although I'd prefer it if we can push his contract to start next year).

Yeah, we get how coaches seem to develop some kind of crush on players the team doesn't need.

I mean Pettersson was the 1C in question here, but I really don't like the idea of moving him. C isn't a strength for Vancouver anymore, as we have our usual Horvat/Miller/Petey with Dickinson and then the caliber drops to Lammikko, Petan, Dowling, Focht and Sutter on the LTIR. None are 1Cs from that last group, but have at'er.

NHL calibre D isn't a huge strength for us either. We have a ton of 6/7/8 guys, but OEL/Hughes on our left, and some combination of Myers/Hamonic/Poolman on our right (maybe less than that after tonights game...Ham and Pool may have been injured late in the game). We don't have a lot to give to improve D. I'd be strung up for suggesting it, but Rathbone, solely due to Green's big boy crush on other D and a present lack of ice time. Woo is our top D prospect, but we would be looking for someone with similar age and development. Then it's Schenn, Hunt, Burroughs, Juulsen and Bowey. Any of the last group is all yours, too, although I don't see any being a difference maker.

TL;DR: We can't help with a 1C, unless we have a huge team defining trade for both sides, and really only have lesser D available. Woo and Rathbone could be had, given Benning's desperate to make the playoffs though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad