Proposal: VAN-MIN (another Boeser to Minnesota)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I'd imagine Minnesota says no because there's no point for them to do this.

Reactions: Mookie Blaylock

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Lateral move at best. Minnesota needs a center (probably target Miller instead) but it's the same discussion in other related threads (Vancouver wants Eriksson Ek, Minnesota's building around him and they don't have a defensive RHD that Vancouver would also want [not trading Spurgeon and Dumba doesn't fit as he's more offensive minded]).

Reactions: Filip Karlsson

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Can’t see either saying yes. Very fair in value but Vancouver needs a RD in a Boeser trade and Minnesota would likely target a high potential C on an entry level deal if they move Fiala who’s a pending RFA.

I could see LA as an ideal landing spot for Fiala and they have the young center depth to pull off a deal.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
FLA doesn't have any available C's.
Luostarinen could have been but the kid has started to score goals and become a decent 3C option. Sucks at faceoffs though.

But if you're looking for a winger with speed and goal scoring, Vatrano? He can play in top 6 if with good defensive C but still averages 20ish goals with 3rd line minutes and barely any PP time.

Is Merrill available? Both UFAs and FLA could use a #4ish LD.

Top six players to play with Fiala.

Assuming Hartman continues to click between Zuccarello and Kaprizov, an upgrade on Gaudreau/Rask to center Fiala. Could probably use a better LW on that line too, but Pitlick might grow into it. And if he stalls out they can call up Boldy eventually.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
FLA doesn't have any available C's.
Luostarinen could have been but the kid has started to score goals and become a decent 3C option. Sucks at faceoffs though.

But if you're looking for a winger with speed and goal scoring, Vatrano? He can play in top 6 if with good defensive C but still averages 20ish goals with 3rd line minutes and barely any PP time.

Is Merrill available? Both UFAs and FLA could use a #4ish LD.
We're stocked with wingers, especially with Pitlick overperforming as a waiver pickup.

I doubt they'd want to move any defensemen, either.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
We're stocked with wingers, especially with Pitlick overperforming as a waiver pickup.

I doubt they'd want to move any defensemen, either.

Fair enough, don't know if you don't ask.

Ryan Strome in NYR?
Not too many options and unsure if you're more looking for short term Cs since Rossi and JEE seem like 2 of your top 3Cs going forward.

Hartman has been a nice surprise so far. Didn't know he played C.

PuckInTheNards

Feb 4, 2008
Doesn’t make sense for either team.

Wild fan here. I actually think it makes sense for both teams long term (or at least for MN). I don't think Fiala will re-sign in Minnesota and I think we'd get a home town discount from Boeser. Both players being roughly equal, I'll take the one I think I can re-sign.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Wild fan here. I actually think it makes sense for both teams long term (or at least for MN). I don't think Fiala will re-sign in Minnesota and I think we'd get a home town discount from Boeser. Both players being roughly equal, I'll take the one I think I can re-sign.
Fair enough, as a Canucks fan the only way Boeser is dealt is if a RHD comes back

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

Fiala wanted to sign a long term contract here within the last three months so I'm not sure where your opinion stems from

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad