Confirmed Signing with Link: [VAN] D Filip Hronek signs extension with the Canucks (8 years, $7.25M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Yeah watching Hughes and Hronek pairing vs Edmonton was like watching two kids fighting fully grown adults. Hronek seemed content at the beginning of the game and end. But to each their own. He looks average. Real analysis will happen when he isn't paired with Hughes.
Sure.

Thank you for admitting you have no "real analysis" to offer.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
The only thing I don't like is the term. I hate these 8 year deals. His age makes this digestible for me though. At 26 this was a no brainer for the Canucks. He fits in nicely with Hughes and helps keep what they have going on in Vancouver in the right direction.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
8 after Guentzel :naughty:
I'm going on the assumption that Mikheyev is 100% gone which gives them 31 million in cap
As an Oiler fan, I approve of this deal
Ya it's not as good as that stellar best value contract in the league Nurse, the 5 million Jack ECHL deal and the millions in overage for Brown but Alvin's still a rookie and not at the level of the Uber GM Kenny boy..

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
I thought theyd look at the rough 2nd half and playoffs and decide to move him for assets and sign others.
Judging him on his 2nd half where he was literally not shooting the puck able to engage in puck battles is a bit unfair.
I look at the fact he was putting up big numbers in Detroit before injuring his shoulder and picking up right where he left off this year.

In fairness if you just stat watch without context him falling off a cliff would look alarming.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Red Wings fan knew he'd be getting at least 7 million so this doesn't seem all that bad.

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
Seems okayish whatever injury he had in the second half hopefully is recovering and he can show he deserves this payment. I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt for now there were some cases in the playoffs where I didn’t really like his defence. That Brown 2 on 1 against the Oilers was one of them. To me I’d be okay with say 6.25-6.5 but with the cap going up I guess this makes sense?

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Montour's first 25 games: 7 points
Montour's next 62 games: 36 points

Hronek's first 25 games: 25 points
Hronek's next 68 games: 25 points

Hronek faded massively after an early hot streak, Montour did the opposite.

Montour should get more. Much better player.
Actually since one was injured to begin the season and the other later in the season their splits make perfect sense.
Go look at what Hronek did before his season ending shoulder injury last season and then maybe you will see a pattern as to why his numbers tanked like they did?
Listen I'm not saying he's a ppg player almost all 5on5 but he's definitely not the guy he finished the season as.

I think he's a 50-60 point minute munching RHD that plays against top lines and is entering his prime.
That's easily worth 8% of the cap and in two years when the cap is pushing 97+ that type of player will cost a lot more.

Conbon

Oct 4, 2016
London
Judging him on his 2nd half where he was literally not shooting the puck able to engage in puck battles is a bit unfair.
I look at the fact he was putting up big numbers in Detroit before injuring his shoulder and picking up right where he left off this year.

In fairness if you just stat watch without context him falling off a cliff would look alarming.
All I see here is if you ignore the part where he played bad he was good

Reactions: TS Quint

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Lmao classic GM's thinking they found the next Devon Toews playing with their superstar D when Devon Toews was a top 10 dman arguably pre Makar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad