Confirmed Signing with Link: [VAN] F Nils Hoglander signs extension with the Canucks (3 years, $3M AAV; begins 2025-26)

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
Probably the most expensive guy we've had currently slotted on our 4th line in a few years... but this time it's because of depth, and he's being paid for what he can most likely do.

No issues with this contract. Young and hopefully gets a couple years of his prime for 3mil.

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
most pts, 2019 draft:
IMG_0860.png

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Even if he dips to 15 that's still a solid deal.

I assume if he gets any pp time it's 2nd unit ?

15- 20 goals(or more) for 3 mill is a good deal.

If something happens and he just f***ing sucks you have him for 2 more years, you can bury at least 1/3rd of it and in all likelihood deal him for another player, similar term.and dollar and try again.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
Another amazing move by general manager Patrick Allvin. I got to keep my eye on this guy, everytime I turn away he pulls magic. Hoglander was a very useful player last year. Has all the talent in the world, just needs to earn the trust of his head coach Rick Tochett.

I like this.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Hogs obviously rode a high shooting g percentage last year but given his minutes and role for most of the year (4th line for most before moving next to Pettersson only after Pettersson slowed down), I think he can still be a really effective 5v5 scorer/pest/energy guy even as that shooting percentage goes down. One of those deals though where I think he’s worth it but it might not be the best fit if he can’t find a consistent role.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Boom/bust guy, can he repeat the production from last season, if so, it’s a good deal.

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
He’s more of a bottom 6 energy guy with a middle 6 scoring ability
Just never was a huge fan, I hope I am wrong, I don’t think he’s a bad player, I just don’t think he’s a top six player
Don't middle 6 players make more than $3mill a season anyways? If Hoglander plateaus as a 15-15 guy who scores almost entirely 5on5 and has strong metrics, it's still a good deal.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
24 goals and a pest of a player to play against. Smart move by Van to get him signed at such a good number for three years (after this one). Kid will likely way exceed that AAV. Heck 24 goals way exceeds that number.

3x3 is fine for what he has been (so far)
The kid scored 24 five on five goals last season averaging less than 12 min/game, while playing a style that made him hated by the other clubs. 24 goal scoring pests are hard to find for that dollar.

CanadasTeam99

Jul 22, 2024
Lets see if he can keep up his shooting %

He was 6th overall in the NHL

Dakota Joshua was 2nd overall in the NHL

Hoglanders 3 previous seasons were 10%, 7%, 11%

He doubled it last year

Last edited:

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
He’s more of a bottom 6 energy guy with a middle 6 scoring ability

The only problem with that is if Garland-Joshua gets together again then he’s either top 6 or 4th line. Though maybe he stays with Garland and Joshua can move to the Miller line

He doubled it last year

He’s obviously not. But he also averaged only 12 min per game and played a lot on the 4th line. He won’t score 20+ in the same role again, but the question is whether he can in a bigger one

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012

He doubled it last year
Doubtful but as both are depth role players they don’t need to. Anyone in the league would be hard pressed to sustain a 20% shooting percentage. Both provide more than goals so it’s not really much of a loss for a regression in shooting percentage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad