Confirmed Signing with Link: [VAN] F Danton Heinen signs with the Canucks (2 years, $2.25M AAV)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Paulinbc

Sep 5, 2015
Like this way more than the Jake deal.
Could have used double the term, actually. Good signing Patrick. Keep cookin'!

• Love
Reactions: Donuts

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Fantastic.

Useful player you can plug and play just about anywhere.

And we gave up nothing in terms of term or contract. 2 years at 2.25 is very fair and basically zero risk for a a guy who, at worst, will contribute commensurate to that. And could easily have a season where he's worth like 3.5 and providing a surplus as another sort of Pius Suter type player.

Love our braintrust.

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
I like this signing for the Canucks. Great bottom 6 guy that is smart enough to play up in a pinch.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Funny watching the two teams just trade their UFAs. I don't hate Heinen i guess, just really indifferent toward him. Seems like the sort of player this Tocchet Canucks staff have had a decent run of getting decent contributions out of though. So hopefully that continues.

They've clearly made a point of keeping all but the DeBrusk deal on reasonable term to maintain some flexibility down the line. Which is more or less what they did with a bunch of the "depth" players and bit part guys last year. Not a bad way to go about it, keep 'em hungry and able to easily move on if things aren't working out.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
This is an excellent deal. Heinen is a jack-of-all-trades two-way forward. Pretty strong shot/chance impacts, has enough skill to make some plays off the rush, solid on exits, and has some forechecking ability. Drop him and Debrusk next to Petey and let 'em cook.

Funny watching the two teams just trade their UFAs. I don't hate Heinen i guess, just really indifferent toward him. Seems like the sort of player this Tocchet Canucks staff have had a decent run of getting decent contributions out of though. So hopefully that continues.

They've clearly made a point of keeping all but the DeBrusk deal on reasonable term to maintain some flexibility down the line. Which is more or less what they did with a bunch of the "depth" players and bit part guys last year. Not a bad way to go about it, keep 'em hungry and able to easily move on if things aren't working out.
The Heinen contract is really good. High-level ES rate scoring, with good two-way impacts. Jack-of-all-trades profile. Drop him on any line and he'll be effective. Play him in the top-six and they'll reap huge value.

Reactions: JoeMc

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
This is an excellent deal. Heinen is a jack-of-all-trades two-way forward. Pretty strong shot/chance impacts, has enough skill to make some plays off the rush, solid on exits, and has some forechecking ability. Drop him and Debrusk next to Petey and let 'em cook.

The Heinen contract is really good. High-level ES rate scoring, with good two-way impacts. Jack-of-all-trades profile. Drop him on any line and he'll be effective. Play him in the top-six and they'll reap huge value.

The year to year offensive impact is all over the place. There is a reason he was PTO last year. But he always plays smart hockey and makes the right play from either wing position. Good on board battles. I wouldn’t call him a forechecker by any means, tho, nor would I call him any sort of rush threat.

Last edited:

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
This is my favorite signing the Canucks made yesterday. Heinen will play in the middle 6, and has potential to be a 20-20-40 guy. 2 yrs @2.25 should be very good value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad