Confirmed with Link: [VAN/CHI] Ilya Mikheyev(15% Retained), Sam Lafferty(Rights), 2027 2nd round pick for 2027 4th round pick

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
What a difference in management.

IMG_3482.jpegIMG_3483.jpeg
Jim Benning
Running out of time
Patrik Allvin
Taking care of business

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
So a shade under $19M cap space heading into July 1. Nice, nice. That does give you leeway to sign Zadorov and do an impact forward signing.

Reactions: Canucks LB

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Of course the day I make a post about accepting Mikheyev will be on the roster, he's moved. You're welcome folks!

The price paid for Mik wasn't too bad. Some more very competent GMing from Allvin. I guess I should have stood by my prior more, that I didn't think it would be that difficult to get off Mikheyev, even if they had to make a draft pick payment to do it.

Shouldn't have signed this deal in the first place, but they managed to correct the mistake. A lot more cap freedom now to make some bigger moves.

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
When Allvin was hired I wouldn’t have had him pegged as a better GM than Yzerman but in only a couple of years I’m far more impressed with the work Allvin has done.
He started off slow but did a total 180 from being patient to decisive.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Yes it patently sucks and has for a while, but we're dealing with a limited window on the Hughes/Demko contracts to actually do something of significance and it's probably worth the risk at this point. That's not excusing the fact the current regime has also had to consistently move draft picks to get out of sticky situations they created.
They have to give up a 2nd to move Dickinson to fit Mik. Now they need to move another one to get rid of Mik.

At the point now where if Lekky, Petey Dman, Wallinder, and the other couple of prospects don’t hit the team is in trouble.

Window won’t be long. So have to really nail all of the signings.

Plus it just irks to be giving up assets to Chicago. Anyone else I’d be fine with even Calgary.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad