Value of: VALUE OF ANTHONY MANTHA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
All caps. I see what you did there.
He did the ALL CAPS thing for his simultaneous Eller post too.
Caps in no position to retain on Mantha, so narrow range of buyers, wont get as much as they might hope

If they get
a ~2nd-4th, plus
a team's ~8th-20th propect,
they're ahead when factor in the Cap relief

Bond

May 10, 2012
If the Flames had a similar contract I'd look at it but not really a fit unless Coleman goes the other way

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
His lack of consistency and intensity make him the sort of guy who doesn't hold all that much value at the deadline. His extra year on his contract at almost 6 million bucks sabotages any value he might have even further.

He's probably more or less worth a "swap for a similar underwhelming high dollar player" as a change of scenery deal. But in terms of contending teams or "buyers" toward the deadline...i'm not sure who out of that group even has the right sort of player to "swap" for Mantha, on a similar sort of bloated contract with an extra year remaining.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I don't think he has any real value at his full cap hit. I wouldn't mind trying him in a cap neutral trade like:

Mantha 50% retention for Yamamoto + 2024 2nd

I'd risk the 2nd for hoping Mantha would wake up next to McDavid or Draisaitl. Plus even if he doesn't use his size, least he has it so he doesn't get crushed like Yamamoto does.

StewieP19

Dec 13, 2022
Would a swap for Lucic work?
No Lucic bring physically game if he don't put number on board. Mantha is not so physical. Never Calgary will do that. I can't imagine Mantha works for Sutter. Mantha had not a good work ethic.

X8oD

Feb 27, 2002
612 Warf Ave.
Boy, this trade didnt end well for either team on the player vs player level. Mantha is exactly who he was in detroit. A big guy who's skill level is there, but focus/determination/consistency and work ethic lacks. And Vrana started off like a ball of fire, and then got injured, entered substance abuse program, cleared waivers, and is having his work eithic and focus being questioned by his AHL coach.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Mantha has very good underlying metrics. He’s one of their best forwards defensively and he’s a very good passer. He’s had some rotten finishing luck which has kind of spiraled and compounded other issues.

Mantha is a good player, full stop. He has effort issues and leaves you wanting more because a guy his size shouldn’t have the hands he does but he’s good at the sport of ice hockey. His cap hit isn’t ideal either.

1674669953259.png

Reactions: raymond23

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I don’t. I’m the one that knew Boeser’s value right off the bat when ignorant Vancouver fans were demanding, “I want this and that” for Boeser. I simply said he didn’t carry value. And I’m right. He doesn’t, at least not at his AAV and term. He’s not going to fetch a 1st or a 2nd + a prospect. He’s not even worth a 6th round pick straight up. His value is based on what Vancouver retains, which will need to be a meaningful portion of his salary, in which case the trade is also about the cap space you’re buying from Vancouver.

Here I’ve simply given his value in a hockey trade, which is Mantha, another overpaid winger struggling to justify his AAV with more than 1 season left on his bad contract. Adam Henrique could be another hockey type trade.
We understand you have an agenda with Boeser.

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014
I don’t. I’m the one that knew Boeser’s value right off the bat when ignorant Vancouver fans were demanding, “I want this and that” for Boeser. I simply said he didn’t carry value. And I’m right. He doesn’t, at least not at his AAV and term. He’s not going to fetch a 1st or a 2nd + a prospect. He’s not even worth a 6th round pick straight up. His value is based on what Vancouver retains, which will need to be a meaningful portion of his salary, in which case the trade is also about the cap space you’re buying from Vancouver.

Here I’ve simply given his value in a hockey trade, which is Mantha, another overpaid winger struggling to justify his AAV with more than 1 season left on his bad contract. Adam Henrique could be another hockey type trade.
lol

Warh1ppy

Feb 14, 2018
Kuzmenko for Mantha and a 2nd with 25% retained on him.

Do you bite or nah?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad