Raptors Discussion: v97 Raptor's 2024-2025 - Training camp begins Oct. 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Keep or Trade - Siakam

• Trade

Votes: 63 90.0%
  • Re-Sign

Votes: 7 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DuklaNation

Aug 26, 2004
VC's trade demands led to an early season ulgy performance that made him look awful. He also tried to influence team roster decisions and even the front office. Now, the management/ownership were both a mess also. Just cut your losses early and trade the player ASAP. Instead they got a terrible return. I place the blame 50/50 on both parties so I have mixed feelings about his number being retired.

FYI, it was worse behind the scenes.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Vince was a 6 time all-star and the leader of that team. And even with that resume, Vince was MORE important off the court for Toronto. That's why his number is being retired.

Lowry was the leader on that run and for that he is going to be given the same honor soon enough.
Vince was very important for sure but I think putting him in the Canadian Basketball HOF is appropriate recognition as far as that goes. If I had to choose one player who's number to retire, it would be Lowry, but I honestly don't think anyone's done enough to have their number retired. JMHO.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
Vince was very important for sure but I think putting him in the Canadian Basketball HOF is appropriate recognition as far as that goes. If I had to choose one player who's number to retire, it would be Lowry, but I honestly don't think anyone's done enough to have their number retired. JMHO.
Vince Carter is about to become the first player to go into the Hall of Fame as a Raptor.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
And IMO that is appropriate, but retiring his number is just too much.
Personally, I like what the Leafs do where they hang numbers from the rafters but let others wear it.

That being said, the team is going to honor its first hall of famer.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Personally, I like what the Leafs do where they hang numbers from the rafters but let others wear it.

That being said, the team is going to honor its first hall of famer.
Not sure that's what the Leafs do but whatever. But yeah, happy to see Vince in the HOF!

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
The Leafs retired all those numbers a few years ago,
Sorry, as a non-Leafs fan, I missed that.

I grew up on the idea that the Leafs retired numbers were 6 (Bailey) and 5 (Barilko) which made a ton of sense. Retiring the other numbers is stupid

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad