Confirmed with Link: Utah announces its broadcast team (Matt McConnell back as PxP)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Full article with other info….

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Saw a disturbing add last night. Seems Phx local channel 61 will be airing vegas golden knight games, leading me to believe Scripps has made AZ part of the vegas market and we will not see Utah games..... as I had apparently, mistakenly, originally thought.

Edit: Thank God for the NHL Center Ice Pkg., hope we aren't effected by blackouts.

Last edited:

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Saw a disturbing add last night. Seems Phx local channel 61 will be airing vegas golden knight games, leading me to believe Scripps has made AZ part of the vegas market and we will not see Utah games..... as I had apparently, mistakenly, originally thought.

Edit: Thank God for the NHL Center Ice Pkg., hope we aren't effected by blackouts.

The league sets the boundary lines on TV markets. SLC was unique in that last season they had both VGK and the Coyotes games (which the tin foil hat in me suggests the NHL was looking at moving the Yotes there once TED failed no matter what Meruelo did)

VGK already had the Kingman area when they came into the league so it's not shocking they gave them the rest of the state.

No matter.... I'm waiting to see what the streaming options are going to be.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
The league sets the boundary lines on TV markets. SLC was unique in that last season they had both VGK and the Coyotes games (which the tin foil hat in me suggests the NHL was looking at moving the Yotes there once TED failed no matter what Meruelo did)

VGK already had the Kingman area when they came into the league so it's not shocking they gave them the rest of the state.

No matter.... I'm waiting to see what the streaming options are going to be.
Yeah, I stand corrected, should have wrote "Scripps has been given." It's annoying, Vegas has a huge market area, that includes Wyoming of all places. Had Yotes vgk game blacked out on Center Ice in Chyenne last year, it was over air only.
Your tin foil hat theory holds some water for certain. I have one that doesn't (HAHA) and that's the NHL wanting more Center Ice subscriptions out of AZ!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad