Confirmed Signing with Link: [UTA] F Egor Sokolov re-signs with the Utah Hockey Club (1 year, $775k, two-way)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Little Utah kids are asking their parents for "Utah Hockey Club" jerseys for Christmas and birthdays. It might be a disappointment if its ultimately a Utah Yeti (or whatever) jersey.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I think he could carve out a role in Utah if given a proper chance. He's tough to get off the puck, good on the cycle and can shoot a puck.

Remains to be seen if he can be a regular but he has a shot.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Very popular prospect in Ottawa due to his positive attitude and stories regarding living with his billet family as a teenager.

Fans really wanted him to make the team - he has good offensive instincts and shot, he just lacks NHL speed. Not sure he'll ever overcome that hump but hopefully he'll get a chance in a new situation.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Re-Signs? When did he become a Coyote/Utah-er?

I think in fact it is signs!!!!!

To re- any thing that person would first have to done it once b4. (Re- being short for repeat)

He was just traded to Utah and has never signed a contract before with Utah.

So…..Egor signed a new contract with Utah!
So I think you'd say that Ottawa technically traded his RFA rights as he would have been not under contract to make it a "re-signing", but since he wasn't a renounced RFA (Unqualified, bought out, waived for purposes of termination, etc.) maybe you say re-sign to denote he signed with the team that had exclusive negotiating rights (absent offer sheet if he was even eligible, RIP CapFriendly)

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
I hope he makes Staios regret trading him. He has everything needed except skating. Unfortunately, it may be his downfall but I hope it's not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad