Useless Thread MDCCCXCIX: Old Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
I'm assuming the usual "shenanigans" were involved. :shakehead

Thats ok, let this go to a shootout so you can lecture me for the 64th time about how wonderful it is that soccerball tournaments end with a gimmick.
theres' like 30 minutes of extra time

you also did not comment on how there was also a shootout in the field hockey which netherlands won to advance to the final !

PanthersPens62

Paul & Stanley
Mar 7, 2009
Home of The Cup
theres' like 30 minutes of extra time

you also did not comment on how there was also a shootout in the field hockey which netherlands won to advance to the final !
I don't watch Field Hockey.

And again, if Game 7 of the Stanley Cup had a 30 minute OT and then ended in a shootout you better believe I'd be screaming to high heavens. :nod:

Twitter is eviscerating the US Men who got DQ'd & I'm here for all of it !

PanthersPens62

Paul & Stanley
Mar 7, 2009
Home of The Cup
Spain up 4-3. Lets see how much "extra time" they come up for this little gem. :rolleyes: I mean, could you imagine if the NFL was run like this........its bad enough that half of America already thinks the NFL is fixed but imagine if only the refs knew how much time was left & they kept time like they do in soccerball. OY!

Joe Rogan heel turn.

Right after his thought-provoking comedy special, I can't believe it.
Oh PLEASE let a certain someone make his feelings known on his social media platform. :laugh: :popcorn:

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
Hogan eventually could no longer work with Hiro Matsuda, whom he felt was an overbearing trainer, and left CWF. After declining an offer to wrestle for the Kansas City circuit, Hogan took a hiatus from wrestling and managed The Anchor club, a private club in Cocoa Beach, Florida, for a man named Whitey Bridges. Eventually, Whitey and Hogan became close friends, and opened a gym together; the gym became known as Whitey and Terry's Olympic gym.[35]

• Wow
Reactions: PanthersPens62

PanthersPens62

Paul & Stanley
Mar 7, 2009
Home of The Cup
Hogan eventually could no longer work with Hiro Matsuda, whom he felt was an overbearing trainer, and left CWF. After declining an offer to wrestle for the Kansas City circuit, Hogan took a hiatus from wrestling and managed The Anchor club, a private club in Cocoa Beach, Florida, for a man named Whitey Bridges. Eventually, Whitey and Hogan became close friends, and opened a gym together; the gym became known as Whitey and Terry's Olympic gym.[35]
BUM! Matsuda was an icon in the Florida territory back in the day. I'm pretty sure Duhty trained with him at some point.

• Haha
Reactions: John Price

PanthersPens62

Paul & Stanley
Mar 7, 2009
Home of The Cup
Matsuda settled in Florida in 1962 and trained neophytes at the old Sportatorium in Tampa, home of the Championship Wrestling from Florida television program.[4] Matsuda was famous for being very stiff with his trainees to toughen them up. His most famous student was Hulk Hogan, breaking his leg to show the seriousness of professional wrestling.[5] Matsuda wouldn't let wrestlers train with him unless they did 1,000 pushups and 1,000 squats.[6] Matsuda could also do hundreds of push-ups and squats in his 60s.[2] Other wrestlers he trained included B. Brian Blair, Bob Orton Jr., Dick Slater, Hercules, Mike Graham, Paul Orndorff, Riki Choshu, Ron Simmons, Scott Casey, Scott Hall, Ted DiBiase and The Great Muta.[2][4][7]

Hood afternoon to the irreplaceable @PanthersPens62 :)
Hood Afternoon my Crysaitl hating friend ! :) :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad