GDT: UFC on ESPN: Blachowicz vs. Rakic/Bellator 281: MVP vs. Storley

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Fun first round. Rakic looks a bit quicker and he's taking Jan's power shots pretty well. His leg is getting smashed up though.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I was wondering if maybe it was just a dislocated knee, which would probably be best-case scenario for Rakic. Not really sure on that one.

Reactions: CDJ

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
I was wondering if maybe it was just a dislocated knee, which would probably be best-case scenario for Rakic. Not really sure on that one.
Not a doctor obviously but seeing the the pop on the side of the calf I don't think it can be a dislocation. I'd imagine something tore, MCL or patella or something, not sure but something definitely tore.
I wonder if he put too much weight on the step back because of how chewed up his lead leg was.

I mean you'd imagine they're fully used to putting a lot of their body weight on one leg but yeah the combination of weight, angle, twisting, foot position, etc. Just combined perfectly to ruin his day. A seemingly harmless movement too, brutal.

Reactions: m9

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Anyone else getting sick of APEX Fight Nights? Seems so weird that most are still here after Dana talked so big about getting back on the road. Not a fan of the smaller ring, and I feel for most of these fighters as I’m sure they’d like to fight in front of crowds again. I’m honestly starting to think they’re just keeping them there so they can put together cards like Holm vs Vieira and not have to sell tickets

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Apex doesn't bother me at all for Fight Night cards. I think I'm just used to it at this point.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Anyone else getting sick of APEX Fight Nights? Seems so weird that most are still here after Dana talked so big about getting back on the road. Not a fan of the smaller ring, and I feel for most of these fighters as I’m sure they’d like to fight in front of crowds again. I’m honestly starting to think they’re just keeping them there so they can put together cards like Holm vs Vieira and not have to sell tickets

I'd assume it's also a cost thing. A lot cheaper to do it there and still get the same broadcasting revenue. Rather than travel to a new/different city and all the associated logistic costs. I'm sure ticket revenue/profit on the fight nights is negligible considering the work that goes into them. Not sure who would pay to see some of these cards either.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I'd assume it's also a cost thing. A lot cheaper to do it there and still get the same broadcasting revenue. Rather than travel to a new/different city and all the associated logistic costs. I'm sure ticket revenue/profit on the fight nights is negligible considering the work that goes into them. Not sure who would pay to see some of these cards either.
I mean I get all of that, I guess I just think it kinda sucks if they end up using it as an excuse to do lower-effort matchmaking (not saying this is certainly why). I'd rather they just do 2 cards a month that are much deeper and in sold out arenas than a Fight Night almost every week but with often lackluster cards at the APEX

Reactions: Taytro

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Fully sick of it, no reason for it from a fan/viewer perspective.

2 different octagon sizes is bush league for allegedly the best mma organization, and surely they can afford a replacement at the very least.

People are starving to get out and spend money, have these cards with atleast a few thousand fans.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Finland
    Austria vs Finland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,377.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Kazakhstan
    Sweden vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,050.00