GDT: UFC Fight Night: Hunt vs. Mir

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
200px-Hunt_vs_Mir.jpg

Date: March 20, 2016
Venue: Brisbane Entertainment Centre
City: Brisbane, Australia
Time: 10pm ET/7pm PT
Viewing: FS1, TSN 2

MAIN CARD (FS1, TSN 2)

Heavyweight bout: Mark Hunt vs. Frank Mir
Welterweight bout: Hector Lombard vs. Neil Magny
Lightweight bout: Jake Matthews vs. Johnny Case
Middleweight bout: Dan Kelly vs. Antonio Carlos Junior
Middleweight bout: James Te-Huna vs. Steve Bossé
Women's Strawweight bout: Bec Rawlings vs. Seohee Ham

PRELIMINARY CARD (FS1, Fight Network)

Welterweight bout: Brendan O'Reilly vs. Alan Jouban
Featherweight bout: Dan Hooker vs. Mark Eddiva
Women's Bantamweight bout: Leslie Smith vs. Rin Nakai
Welterweight bout: Richard Walsh vs. Viscardi Andrade

PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass)

Lightweight Ross Pearson vs. Chad Laprise
Lightweight Alan Patrick vs. Damien Brown

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I just want to see another walk-off KO for Hunt. Those are always fun.

Co-main should be good and I'm also pulling for Magny in that fight.

I like watching some of the up and coming guys as well. Both Matthews and Carlos Jr are young and were hyped at one point. I'm interested in seeing how they perform, especially Matthews.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Sun Belt
How close is Hunt to retirement? He'll be 42 right after the event and this is another Australia fight for him. I can't ever understand how he wins but he throws HEAT and Mir doesn't shoot doubles so this could be trouble for Cardio Frank.

Interested to see what version of Hector Lombard shows up post steroid suspension and without IV's for the weigh-in. 98% of me wants to bet the house on Magny, but that other 2% still goes, "dude ... that's Hector Lombard, did you see what he did to Jake Shields and Paul Harris?"

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
if Hector Lombard is anywhere close to being as good as Juiced-up Lombard, i think he beats Magny. Love me some Magny, but his striking defense was exposed against Gastellum especially on the backfoot and his best skill is absolutely is his grappling skills at this point. Do i expect Lombard to get out-grappled by Magny? nope

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
It's hard to expect Magny to take Lombard down. That said, he could easily just keep him at bay with jabs like Boestch did (sigh).

Ensane

EL GUAPO
Mar 2, 2002
How close is Hunt to retirement? He'll be 42 right after the event and this is another Australia fight for him. I can't ever understand how he wins but he throws HEAT and Mir doesn't shoot doubles so this could be trouble for Cardio Frank.
One more fight after this one, evidently.

He's certainly evolved a ton over the past 6 years or so en route to racking up a pretty impressive UFC career, so full credit where it's due, but I'm still in awe that he's been able to hang on with the promotion so long after it inherited his Pride contract.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
One more fight after this one, evidently.

He's certainly evolved a ton over the past 6 years or so en route to racking up a pretty impressive UFC career, so full credit where it's due, but I'm still in awe that he's been able to hang on with the promotion so long after it inherited his Pride contract.

Yeah, an amazing second coming for sure, hanging around no matter how much the sport has evolved around him. I guess with HWs a few of the biggest aspects of the fight game are still timing and power and having a chin, though.

Also, is it just me or have you not been around the MMA forums in awhile? Welcome back.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
The FS1 prelim card is pretty much trash, but the rest of the fights should be pretty fun. Looking forward to Laprise/Pearson, they really are pushing this "get a good fight on Fight Pass" thing.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Solid fight between Pearson and Laprise. Laprise's leg looks like a mess.

Blainer14

Mar 15, 2016
Toronto, ON
I noticed Ham is wearing a shirt with red ufc lettering but with blue gloves and rawlings wearing a blue ufc lettered shirt but with red gloves, wouldnt it make more sense if the lettering matched the glove colour

Know Your Enemy

Registered
Jul 18, 2004
North Vancouver
I'm so impressed by Ham, especially considering the size difference. That was one of the best female fights I've ever seen. It's too bad that a lot of Asian fighters are so small.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad