GDT: UFC 193: Rousey vs Holm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
1447568401560.png

Oh look, Rhonda is cute again.

I'm pretty sure Ronda has no clue where she is there. She was ktfo. What an awful fight from her. She played right into Holms' game plan. Ronda chased her all around the octagon and tired herself out, and looked like a fool. Didnt protect herself at all. Left herself wide open and took multiple punches straight into the face. Just a terrible fight from Ronda

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Dana White: Ronda Rousey 'devastated'

The UFC president said that the now former champion is "devastated" but is physically OK. She was transported to a local hospital after the fight.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
What a fantastic performance by Holms, she got Ronda off her game early and then got her to chase her around. I thought Holms was going to launch a head kick in the last ten seconds of the first. Just saw her looking for it once she got Rousey to become desperate.

TerminatorBlue

Nov 11, 2007
Canada
Rousey hospitalized, apparently.

She was out cold after the head kick and Holly landed a few more good strikes after that... she was still wobbling like 5 minutes later when Buffer was announcing the winner.

I always said Ronda would fade fast but i was pretty surprised how gassed she looked going into the second round.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I hate to say this, but there might be 70k people, but they are quiet as ****. Come on, Aussies.

Not the ideal venue for MMA. Also I don't know the crowd figures but it looked closer to 60k than 70. But yes we were loud. ;) had the Mexican wave going during Joanna's fight. Lol the group of guys sitting in front of us started it.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Ahaha Hunt is the greatest. Trying to lobby to fight in Korea.

Super Samoan looked in decent shape. Thailand done wonders for him.

Also Jake and Robbie were impressive. Especially Jake the way he came back after he got floored.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
The way Holm handled herself at the weigh-in, after Rousey's theatrics, made me think "Hmm, this is unlike any opponet she's faced before." Her boxing and kickboxing resuem speaks for itself, so she had Rousey beat there. All she had to do was not get caught on the ground and she'd have a chance. Couldn't believe she got a takedown on Rousey, even though Rousey came out with the positional advantage. Still she couldn't keep Holm down. And that's on top of completely out-striking Rousey.

I don't know if Holm really has the skills to keep the belt for a while, or if what we saw tonight was a Pete Williams type of event. Either way, I'm happy to see it generating this much buzz.

ThrowDemTongs

kid named jeff finger
Mar 21, 2013
Coquitlam, BC
Not the ideal venue for MMA. Also I don't know the crowd figures but it looked closer to 60k than 70. But yes we were loud. ;) had the Mexican wave going during Joanna's fight. Lol the group of guys sitting in front of us started it.

Some guy on r/mma bet $400 on Holly. Hahaha

The Jesus*

All I can say is WOW. I didn't think Holm could do it, but god damn that was impressive. She didn't just beat Ronda, she completely dominated her from the opening bell.

Fought off the clinch against the cage. Broke out of an armbar attempt. Didn't let Ronda get her hips under her for a throw. And she landed that KO head kick.

Unbelievable. Im in shock. I wasn't the biggest Holly Holm fan before this, but by god I am now. What a fight.

The Jesus*

She got too full of herself.

Just like Silva, she bought into her own hype.

I dont think it's that at all. I just think everyone, even the best in the world, have a kryptonite.

BJ Penn had Frankie Edgar. Anderson Silva had Chris Weidman. Ronda Rousey has Holly Holm. Even in a rematch, after seeing what happened, I think Holly beats Ronda again. It's just one of those random situations where a person's style is the chink in the armor of what seems like an untouchable champ.

It happens to everyone. Even Jon Jones is gonna find that person eventually. What upsets me is when this happens to all the legends, they usually fall hard and fast and disappear off the map after meeting their kryponite. Both BJ and Anderson basically faded into obscurity after losing their rematches. I honestly can see Ronda retiring if she loses to Holm again.

Oct 18, 2011
Finally caught the fight...I am a Ronda fan but she looked like she did not train, or take this fight seriously at all, she was winded within 3 minutes if there was going to be a time someone was going to catch her off guard this was it....she's got too many outside distractions and imo it showed here, credit to Holly Holm, she laid an ass kicking on her with those shots, but Ronda was not even trying to move her ****ing head or block them, she just was totally gassed.

I am very interested to see how RR comes back from this, maybe she will cut down some of the outside projects and focus on fighting if her heart is in it, she just looked totally unprepared to fight imo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad