UEFA Conference League 2021-2022

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Good guys back on track to winnig the real CL :yo:

Behrens creating the opener for Vogelsammer in this match that has had a very "BuLi2" vibe, just feels right.

E:
Any time anyone says that a top level player is nothing but pace, like they do with players like Sterling & Werner...my mind can't help but drift to Sheraldo Becker :laugh:

E2:
Behrens is really having himself a year, such an easy to root for player.

E3:
Beautiful goal for OG-Haaland.

Childish as it is, Puchacz is my favorite name to hear english announcers say :laugh:

Last edited:

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Spurs aren't even good in this tournament :laugh:

I have seen so many crap Spurs teams through the years, but one thing is to play poorly when John Scales is your star defender, another thing is to be so so so so poor when you actually got some decent individual players.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Celtic deserved better than 0-4 from the 10 minutes I watched, but Leverkusen just had too much talent for them. Wirtz was cooking & Hradecky came up huge when Tah decided to play the Celtic attacker on.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Lo Celso had a great game. Maybe now Nuno can realize to stick him centrally.

Skipp also had a really good game.

Lo Celso - Hojbjerg - Skipp is my ideal midfield setup. Hojbjerg should stick to being a #6 which he was so great at last season.

But most importantly, no Dele.

Last edited:

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Celtic deserved better than 0-4 from the 10 minutes I watched, but Leverkusen just had too much talent for them. Wirtz was cooking & Hradecky came up huge when Tah decided to play the Celtic attacker on.

That was in the Europe league, though. ;)

Reactions: cgf

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Pretty eventful match between Vitesse and Rennes.

Riechedly Bazoer clearly fouled when he lost the ball, after which Rennes player was fouled inside the box and they got and converted an equalizing penalty. Bazoer was taken off injured soon after the goal. Still not used to see Bazoer playing as a CB, maybe I remember too much of him as a promising Ajax youngster, but it feels like he is wasted there. Not involded enough, playing so deep. I guess he has done well enough to be selected player of the season last season.

Vitesse got back into the match after Rennes had a player sent off and had chances to draw level.

Good atmosphere in a smaller stadium as well.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Antisemitic attacks against German fans of Israel by Union supporters in Berlin:

Antisemitic incidents mar Union Berlin's win over Maccabi Haifa | DW | 01.10.2021

Hopefully the club is able to identify all of the culprits and ban them. Being pissed at UEFA for having to play in Hertha's dump, on the opposite end of town, and being vehemently pro-palestinian, is no excuse for behaving like BFC fans...and we can't let scumbags like that represent us.

I'm happy to read that other Union fans spoke out against those assholes and that the club has been active in identifying the people responsible...but we'll see how many fans actually suffer consequences, and whether we are able to send a message that actually serves to quell this type of s***.

It's very important that the club not let these assholes off the hook and make it clear that s*** like this, and what happened against Leverkusen last season, is not in any way acceptable.

Last edited:

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Spurs first XI is in England preparing for West Ham, so their second XI is playing Vitesse. Only youths on the bench. Not looking too pretty so far.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Luckily for Spurs. Would have been 1-0 down otherwise.

If Spurs go through and end up playing Bodø they will get slaughtered.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Vitesse's Israeli RB Eli Dasa has looked good attackingwise, he could be a good rotation player (or even a starter) for PL some clubs for a couple of years.

Reactions: Ajacied

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Vitesse's Israeli RB Eli Dasa has looked good attackingwise, he could be a good rotation player (or even a starter) for PL some clubs for a couple of years.
His crossing is very hit or miss. Vitesse seems like his ceiling. Not exactly young either.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
First time ever Mourinho concedes 6 :D

Unfortunately I had to watch Nuno's #&#&$& for most of that game.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Every day where Mourinho gets brutally embarrassed is a great day. Add the Sp*rs loss to that and Arsenal not being in Europe for the first time in 26 years doesn’t hurt that much. Not that the Europa League or Conference League are things that really matter but anyway.

Reactions: S E P H

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad