U17: 2014 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge — Nov. 2-8

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Someone please watch also games from Slovak team.
There are many nice prospects. Would be nice to read some report, how did they play.
- Samuel Solenský (1998), MiloÅ¡ Roman (late 1999), Patrik Hrehorčák (1999), Adam Ružička (1999) and Matej Galbavý (late 1998) are some of them.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Didn't Tufte turn down NTDP to play high school hockey in Minnesota? i question the abilty of kid to play well in tournament with/against kids that are playing junior hockey. This is a mistake IMO by USA Hockey. By thetime he adapts to the speed , the tournament will be done.

It's one player. Besides, USA Hockey usually takes a high school player or two to tournaments like this. I doubt he impacts things all that much positive/negative.

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Naumenko and Poluektov left off the Russian roster? This must be one stacked forward group. Wouldn't be surprised to see this Russian team win it all.

zjh

@ZenonHerasymiuk
Jan 24, 2011
AB88
Can't wait to hear about how some of the big WHL names do as well as Jost and Fabbro. An excellent year for high-end talent in the west.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
He is obviously on USA hockey's radar now but does not change the fact he is playing high school hockey. USA U17 went to Minnesota a few weeks ago to play against that states best and the results were 11-2 and 8-1 so not on the same level.

Ye that's weird, a team made up of the best U17 players in the country beat the best players from 1 state?

Still not sure why you think it's such a big deal.

Rekus

Dec 7, 2011
Ye that's weird, a team made up of the best U17 players in the country beat the best players from 1 state?

Still not sure why you think it's such a big deal.

For the same reason hockey canada got rid of team atlantic from the U17 tournament - not on par with the the others.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
For the same reason hockey canada got rid of team atlantic from the U17 tournament - not on par with the the others.

They didn't get rid of Team Atlantic... they got rid of all the regional teams.

Team Atlantic hasn't finished last in their group since 2008-09 lol Canada West finished last in their group for the last 3 years. There's also more Atlantic Canadians than Western (MB/SK) Canadians at the U17s this year.

Whatever helps you sleep at night though.

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Russia beats Canada Red 5-2, and the USA lays the doodoo smooch on Canada White 6-0.

Any fans on here at either game? Thank you ever so kindly for your input.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Nice to see the US team apparently have a strong game against a strong Canadian side. They've had a rough go of it to start their season so even though the win means nothing in the tournament I'm sure it'll do wonders for their confidence.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
I think the Canadian teams need to gel a bit, I don't really see them playing like this for the tournament.

Canuck71*

Was at the USA Canada White game last night. USA was absolutely dominant, and looked better than Canada in every area of the ice. Canada couldn't get anything going at all. USA defence constantly stepping up not allowing the Canadians any room past their blueline.

Max Jones was an absolute standout. That kid is already one hell of a prospect. If London ever manages to get him to report, watch out. Kid is the full package.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Max Jones was an absolute standout. That kid is already one hell of a prospect. If London ever manages to get him to report, watch out. Kid is the full package.

Jones is one of the better power forward prospects I've seen amongst US players in quite a while. I don't use the power forward label as often as others but he plays a very mean, physical game from what I've seen while still possessing a high skill level. He's hurt the team at times by taking too many penalties but when he learns to pick his spots better he should be a more consistent force on the score sheet.

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Was at the USA Canada White game last night. USA was absolutely dominant, and looked better than Canada in every area of the ice. Canada couldn't get anything going at all. USA defence constantly stepping up not allowing the Canadians any room past their blueline.

Thank you kindly. How did Clayton Keller and Chad Krys look? Thank you kindly for your input.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad