Player Discussion Tyson Jost [claimed off waivers from Minnesota]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
Like his speed - plays well with Girgs. If he can continue to play a good PK role, and throw the body every now and then, he is a guy who will stick around for the year.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008

Seems like a good candidate to hold the 4C down for the foreseeable future. He has to be HUNGRY knowing this is likely his last realistic shot of cracking an NHL roster. Just need to get that 3rd line figured out and add a top-4 RD- then we're in good shape. Finding a legit starting goaltender would be nice, but that seems more like a crapshoot in FA. You typically need to draft and develop those guys. I'm also of the opinion that our goaltending will look better once the team defense improves.

Rome wasn't built in a day, though. The team is improving and big time roles are being filled. Hopefully Adams can add the pieces need to turn this squad into a playoff team and eventually a cup contender.

Reactions: BUCKSHOT and Fjordy

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Seems like a good candidate to hold the 4C down for the foreseeable future. He has to be HUNGRY knowing this is likely his last realistic shot of cracking an NHL roster. Just need to get that 3rd line figured out and add a top-4 RD- then we're in good shape. Finding a legit starting goaltender would be nice, but that seems more like a crapshoot in FA. You typically need to draft and develop those guys. I'm also of the opinion that our goaltending will look better once the team defense improves.

He's set the bar for himself.

thekenneth

Jan 25, 2013
he is the grit we need so far. he also doesn't give up on play like half the team.
He has a goal and another goal that was disallowed when a refs contact fell out and he lost sight.

I feel dahlin has upped his grit since Jost has been there too. Jost shoving people that run into our goalie is good.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
he is the grit we need so far. he also doesn't give up on play like half the team.
He has a goal and another goal that was disallowed when a refs contact fell out and he lost sight.

I feel dahlin has upped his grit since Jost has been there too. Jost shoving people that run into our goalie is good.
I’d love to see all the names that you think give up. Half the team is a lot of names.

please list the…9 to 10 players you think give up on plays.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Did we actually claim a decent player for once?

he didn’t totally suck.

he was a bust for where he was drafted.

his first 4 full seasons in Colorado he was about a 30 pt per 82 game (20% from PP) player. near deadline he was traded to minnesota.

he’s a UFA in 24.

if he accepts his role he can be a decent bottom 6 player.

Reactions: Samsonite23

DustyZ

Dec 2, 2022
not really, no. He was consistently ineffective and invisible both in CO, and MN.
Someone else mentioned that it seems more likely that he realizes that this could very well be his last shot in the NHL, and maybe a light has gone off. The guy was just waived after all.

Small sample size yes, so let's hope that this is the case.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Someone else mentioned that it seems more likely that he realizes that this could very well be his last shot in the NHL, and maybe a light has gone off. The guy was just waived after all.

Small sample size yes, so let's hope that this is the case.
Evason said he wanted him to play with more "bite", but he could've also said, "Do something, anything!".

I just don't think that Tyson is equipped to be a grinder. He's not very strong, and tends to lose a lot of board battles. You don't just wake up and decide to become tough.

Hope he works out for you, but he's about as anonymous of a player as you'll find. Maybe he'll be a late bloomer like Thompson, but i don't see it.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Evason said he wanted him to play with more "bite", but he could've also said, "Do something, anything!".

I just don't think that Tyson is equipped to be a grinder. He's not very strong, and tends to lose a lot of board battles. You don't just wake up and decide to become tough.

Hope he works out for you, but he's about as anonymous of a player as you'll find. Maybe he'll be a late bloomer like Thompson, but i don't see it.
He's been very solid on the bottom 6 for us so far and that hasn't been a problem so far. We'll see how long it continues.

DustyZ

Dec 2, 2022

I'd rather he use his speed and smarts, and just give it his all. If he does that he'll be fine.

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
His best quality is driving the puck into the crease. He takes passes and immediately looks to drive towards the net.

I think some are overhyping his effectiveness, but i do think his play has warranted him staying in the lineup. If he is this years Hino, where he gets a small deal to keep him around, I’m fine with it

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
He plays small amounts of ice time against lower QoC and is mediocre at it. He was waived for a reason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad