Player Discussion Tyson Jost [claimed off waivers from Minnesota]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TunaBoss44

Oct 30, 2015
Buffalo
I mean Nichushkin might as well have been the butt of the jokes when he was Dallas we can only hope he turns it around its not like we are risking much here.
The problem is that Nichushkin is thriving exactly where Jost failed. Colorado has earned a lot of trust with their player evaluations and it's a red flag that they moved on from their former first rounder

Jimmybarndoor2

Jul 24, 2021
Do players get paid monthly or per game or how does actual paid work

I think this is a good risk to take. Sabres waive him if it dont work.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
I mean Nichushkin might as well have been the butt of the jokes when he was Dallas we can only hope he turns it around its not like we are risking much here.
He did have some good fancy stats though. Jost hasn't shown that yet.

With that said, I'm willing to hope there's something to unlock. I feel like most busts either have a trait that's just not good enough like size, skating, brain, or they just weren't ever that good. Jost did well in tournaments, well in college outscoring boeser while a year younger as a freshman.

Of course there are some guys that just can't make the jump, but I think that's often the easy answer. We saw it with tage and mitts. I know many still don't like mitts, but i think he's shown he can be an effective middle sixer

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Whatever. He's a free asset that not only fits in with their age group, but if he doesn't work out, they can easily move on.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained...

NHLPA put the owners' proposal to only "get paid when you win" to a vote. Sabres turned it down.

• Haha
Reactions: Team Cozens

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Whatever. He's a free asset that not only fits in with their age group, but if he doesn't work out, they can easily move on.

Exactly. This could be like Jonsson-Fallby or Wolanin and he winds up back on waivers, back in the AHL with his original team. He's a body on an NHL deal when they need to shuffle their recalled players back to help a depleted Rochester squad as well. If he works out? Great. If he doesn't... so be it.

BritSabre

Feb 10, 2006
Reading, UK

Salary monthly, signing bonus on July 1st. Not sure about performance bonuses, probably the next payday after bonus is met.

In terms of amount for 2 way contracts and cap hits it is calculated pro rata per day on 23 man roster I believe.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Exactly. This could be like Jonsson-Fallby or Wolanin and he winds up back on waivers, back in the AHL with his original team. He's a body on an NHL deal when they need to shuffle their recalled players back to help a depleted Rochester squad as well. If he works out? Great. If he doesn't... so be it.
Except his contract is much higher than them.

if they do put him on waivers, minnesota possibly passes on him

as isaid. Buffalohave these other waiver forwards they sent down already so they can just keep Jost as a 13 th F and his higher salary gives them a cap buffer If they were to look at trades.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
The problem is that Nichushkin is thriving exactly where Jost failed. Colorado has earned a lot of trust with their player evaluations and it's a red flag that they moved on from their former first rounder

I just noticed Comrie was a 2013 2nd round pick. Has any team ever owned more played in a single round of the draft? Comrie, Bailey, Hurley, Carrier, Compher, Ellie, Hagg

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
This is a good signing, is Jost the 1st liner folks thought he’d be when he was drafted? No, is he a solid NHLer, I’d say yes. I remember so on here considered trading Mitts for him. Now you have both, give him a chance, i think he’ll work hard and find a spot. Even if it’s as a 13 rotating with Hino and others.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad