Value of: Tyler Toffoli to Vancouver

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
Absolutely a deal from the Habs point of view. I’ll happily take a top ten pick for him. Problem is the Canucks would have no interest in moving their first round pick.

Reactions: Mergatroidskittle

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Maybe send him back to where his career took off, in LA? They could surprise. That or reunite him with his 70's Line mate Jeff Carter in Pittsburgh. Wingers are the last thing Vancouver needs.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
I actually realy like Toffoli. No real reason to move him. He's gonna make Suzuki better

but something around Boeser and Toffoli + will make it for me just for the chance of making an homerun. Not sure what's Boeser is doing that wrong theses days.

That said, you still have 4 good years of Toffoli and this window isnt a Vancouver's one. Not a good fit

Trooth

Dec 5, 2021
Why would the Canucks trade for Toffoli for a 1st round pick? Doesn't seem like a fit considering the history and the fact the Canucks are not likely to trade their first.

Change of scenery trade... Toffoli for JT Miller maybe?

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Why would the Canucks trade for Toffoli for a 1st round pick? Doesn't seem like a fit considering the history and the fact the Canucks are not likely to trade their first.

Miller is worth more.

I would have liked to keep Toffoli when we had him but it doesn't make any sense to acquire him or any RW right now.

Trooth

Dec 5, 2021
Miller is worth more.

I would have liked to keep Toffoli when we had him but it doesn't make any sense to acquire him or any RW right now.

I thought there was a rift between Horvat and Miller and thought this would solve that problem. Toffoli seemed like a fit on the Canucks before and from what I recall he played well with Pettersson. Miller only has 1+ years, Toffoli 2+ years and $1m cheaper.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Miller is worth more.

Doesn’t make any sense for either team. If Montreal moves Toffoli it’ll be for younger assets or draft capital. Trading him for Miller does nothing for the rebuild.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
I thought there was a rift between Horvat and Miller and thought this would solve that problem. Toffoli seemed like a fit on the Canucks before and from what I recall he played well with Pettersson. Miller only has 1+ years, Toffoli 2+ years and $1m cheaper.

Still don't know if there are any legs to that rift. The problems with this team are bigger anyway, coach and GM.

I'm not saying we won't trade away Miller but Toffoli just wouldn't be the right target when we already have Garland, Boeser and Podkolzin on RW.

Reactions: Trooth

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
And produces like someone who is cheaper and worth less. Toffoli for Miller is a bad deal Vancouver.

Trooth

Dec 5, 2021
Still don't know if there are any legs to that rift. The problems with this team are bigger anyway, coach and GM.

I'm not saying we won't trade away Miller but Toffoli just wouldn't be the right target when we already have Garland, Boeser and Podkolzin on RW.

They have Toffoli on the left side on the Cap Friendly Depth Charts and I though he played both wings, but favors the right. Fair enough though - Toffoli is not a C.

And produces like someone who is cheaper and worth less. Toffoli for Miller is a bad deal Vancouver.

I agree Miller is better but my reasoning is still the fact that you would have Toffoli for 1 additional year. is 20% cheaper and I recall him having chemistry with Pettersson.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
had success in Vancouver
Contract decent for top 6 forward.

first round pick?
Miller for MTL 2022 1st?
I actually realy like Toffoli. No real reason to move him. He's gonna make Suzuki better

but something around Boeser and Toffoli + will make it for me just for the chance of making an homerun. Not sure what's Boeser is doing that wrong theses days.

That said, you still have 4 good years of Toffoli and this window isnt a Vancouver's one. Not a good fit
Lol of course you would trade Toffoli for Boeser. Canucks obviously wouldn't even consider this.

Lol. No thanks.

Reactions: Ninjadude

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
They have Toffoli on the left side on the Cap Friendly Depth Charts and I though he played both wings, but favors the right. Fair enough though - Toffoli is not a C.

I agree Miller is better but my reasoning is still the fact that you would have Toffoli for 1 additional year. is 20% cheaper and I recall him having chemistry with Pettersson.
Not good enough reasoning, not enough value, and makes no sense for the Canucks.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Miller for MTL 2022 1st?

Lol of course you would trade Toffoli for Boeser. Canucks obviously wouldn't even consider this.

Lol. No thanks.
Get real. Montreal’s 1st is likely going to be top 5. Why does a rebuilding team trade a top 5 pick for a 28 year old who’s a season and a half away from UFA?

here’s a hint… they don’t

Trooth

Dec 5, 2021
Get real. Montreal’s 1st is likely going to be top 5. Why does a rebuilding team trade a top 5 pick for a 28 year old who’s a season and a half away from UFA?

here’s a hint… they don’t

Ironically, you don't direct the same shared thoughts towards the OP. :huh:

had success in Vancouver
Contract decent for top 6 forward.

first round pick?

Rk AvAgeGPWLOLPTSPTS%GFGA
27Chicago Blackhawks28238132180.3914973
28Vancouver Canucks27.1258152180.365979
29Montreal Canadiens28.1266173150.2885993
30New York Islanders29.6195104140.3683657
31Ottawa Senators26226151130.2955786
32Arizona Coyotes27.9245172120.254387
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Miller for MTL 2022 1st?

Lol. No thanks.
seems like the canucks are desperate to get rid of boeser and the pending qualifying offer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad