Proposal: Tyler Toffoli to CGY

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Fair deal, but tough to give up Mangiapane and a 1st when our cupboards feel pretty shallow after all our graduations. Rather get another middle six C.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I don't see why Calgary does this. They are very deep on forward and once Neal gets going one of Neal or TT would always be in the bottom 6. Seems like too much $$ on that role
Silf is your man :), and his contract is up at the end of the year.... so if you guys cant get rid of neal or resign silf you keep the 1st anyway.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
1) We don’t have much cap space going into next season
2) Not really in a position to give up another 1st

3) Have a hard time seeing Treliving giving up futures for a rental. Big rentals rarely work out.

The only moves I hope/see us doing are dirt cheap rentals as injury insurance. Not a lot of moves out there that would make sense with our core, cap, and future.

Matt Rbr

Jan 2, 2018
I understand why Flames fans aren’t willing to move the 1st, but Toffoli would complete the top-6 and would fit great alongside Tkachuk and Backlund so I think it’s worth it. Also Toffoli isn’t a rental, and with the cap going up next year I think we definitely will have the space for another top-6 player at under 5 mil (as long as we move Frolik, which we should do as he is too expensive for bottom 6 and not good enough for top 6).

The only issue would be the cap space this season, but at the deadline we will have about 1.8 mil in space and Toffoli will only cost about ~2 mil for the rest of this season, so by moving Mang and sending down Dube it is definitely doable.

Also, the first in the proposal was in 2020, so we would still keep our first this season and get another piece, and then next year (when we should be securely in win-now mode) I think it is reasonable to move a 1st since we have all the other picks and a very complete roster.

Johnny-Monahan-Lindholm
Tkachuk-Backlund-Toffoli
Bennett-Jankowski-Neal/ Czarnik
Dube-Ryan-Hath

Gio-Brodie
Hanifin-Hamonic
Valimaki-Rasmus
Kylington

That is the most complete Flames roster in recent history.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Matt Rbr

Jan 2, 2018
As for Silfverberg I would also be interested him in but I think Toffoli’s goal scoring ability is what would make him so valuable with Tkachuk and would give us that other top-6 scoring option we need. Silfverberg would be a great plan B but Toffoli is an underrated sniper and would do wonders for our 2nd line offensively. Toffoli is also signed for an extra year and LA is much more likely to move him than Anaheim and Silfverberg just because Anaheim is still in the hunt and probably wouldn’t be moving roster players for futures.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I understand why Flames fans aren’t willing to move the 1st, but Toffoli would complete the top-6 and would fit great alongside Tkachuk and Backlund so I think it’s worth it. Also Toffoli isn’t a rental, and with the cap going up next year I think we definitely will have the space for another top-6 player at under 5 mil (as long as we move Frolik, which we should do as he is too expensive for bottom 6 and not good enough for top 6).

The only issue would be the cap space this season, but at the deadline we will have about 1.8 mil in space and Toffoli will only cost about ~2 mil for the rest of this season, so by moving Mang and sending down Dube it is definitely doable.

Also, the first in the proposal was in 2020, so we would still keep our first this season and get another piece, and then next year (when we should be securely in win-now mode) I think it is reasonable to move a 1st since we have all the other picks and a very complete roster.

Johnny-Monahan-Lindholm
Tkachuk-Backlund-Toffoli
Dube-Ryan-Hath

Gio-Brodie
Hanifin-Hamonic
Valimaki-Rasmus
Kylington

This is what I came to post.

You put Toffoli on a line where he isn't the play driver or the guy who has to lug the puck through the neutral zone and he's money. He'd be absolutely filthy with those two.

Reactions: KingCanadain1976

Bond

May 10, 2012
Johnny-Monahan-Lindholm
Tkachuk-Backlund-Toffoli
Dube-Ryan-Hath

Gio-Brodie
Hanifin-Hamonic
Valimaki-Rasmus
Kylington

That does look pretty damn good.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
This is what I came to post.

You put Toffoli on a line where he isn't the play driver or the guy who has to lug the puck through the neutral zone and he's money. He'd be absolutely filthy with those two.

We’d need to dump Frolik to a third team first to make this work cap wise, unless you guys wanted to take him back. But he probably has some value to a contender trying to add depth so I think a third team is better

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad