News Article: Tyler Seguin Spent The Lockout Living In His Own Filth

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Tyler Seguin Spent The Lockout Living In His Own Filth
http://deadspin.com/5974455/?utm_ca...source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

"The parquet floor was littered with coins worth 220 francs [$238]," Blick reported.

Coca-cola bottles, garbage and dirty linen lay scattered across the floor, while rotten bananas were left on a table, the newspaper said.

The bathroom was a shambles and the cleaning company spent a full day tidying the apartment.

In December, when Seguin returned to America, the staff were met with a similar stiff challenge.

Blick said the hockey player was "not versed in appliances" and as a result tried to wash his clothes in the dryer.

"He also did not know how to operate the dishwasher . . . when he ran out of clean plates, glasses and cutlery, he bought plastic tableware."

Marc Lüpold, the managing director of the cleaning company, was diplomatic about the revelations.

"You could tell it was the first time a young, single man had an apartment," Lüpold told Blick.

Kaoz*

Awesome photoshop skillz

Seguin.jpg

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
I guess this is why hockey players end of living with older hockey players and their families so often...lol.

Good story.

thegodfather

Dec 6, 2005
Stratford, Ontario
I have to say if this is true it's disgusting.

My 15 year old daughter has know how to do laundry, cook, bake and load and unload a dishwasher from the age of 12. Same with my 16 year old. Christ even my 10 year old does laundry and washes dishes and such.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Lol makes sense, my roommate is 23 - bright, good kid - but if it wasn't for me and my experience living on my own for a few years now (I'm younger than him) this apartment would be destroyed

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

My 15 year old daughter has know how to do laundry, cook, bake and load and unload a dishwasher from the age of 12. Same with my 16 year old. Christ even my 10 year old does laundry and washes dishes and such.

In my home, my 3 kids do too.

Key here is 'in my house'.

:D

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

I'll bet Tyler has never had to concentrate on learning any skills except hockey.

Plus he is a 20 year old guy- they're not noted for being neat/clean in the first place.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Did they give him back the money they found?

Change? I doubt it. Anything left behind like that, unless we're talking about something valuable (like jewelry), usually goes to the workers.

And "living in his own filth" is a tad hyperbolic. He's a sloppy 20-year-old. One of millions.

Kaoz*

Wonder how this article will affect sales of the:

Tyler Seguin Laundry Bag
tyler_seguin_laundry_bag.jpg

Get ready Laundromat, here comes the most popular laundry bag on campus! It's roomy, large, and durable with top-to-bottom shoulder strap for easy transport. Suddenly, laundry's not quite the chore it used to be.

- 23" x 36"
- Canvas
- Cinch cord closure
- Shoulder strap for easy carrying

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
Change? I doubt it. Anything left behind like that, unless we're talking about something valuable (like jewelry), usually goes to the workers.

Some would consider $238 valuable.

What's worse, stealing or a messy kid?:sarcasm:

Either way, I find it funny that anyone would be surprised about something like this.

bosbruin

Apr 18, 2006
Massachusetts
I've said from the day he was drafted, he should have lived with Mark Recchi and his family. This worked out pretty well for Patrice Bergeron when he lived with Martin Lapointe. Bruins should have insisted on this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad