Value of: Tyler Bertuzzi to Pittsburgh

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
You're proposing Detroit trade one of their young, proven NHL players for a B prospect. Detroit has plenty of those on the back end already (Lindstrom, Hronek, Hicketts, McIsaac, etc.). Not only did the Red Wings spend a high pick on Bertuzzi, they also spent years and money developing him into the player he is today.

Pittsburgh just doesn't have the assets to get a deal done. Bertuzzi is better than any prospect currently in the Pens' system. Other than Jake Guentzel (who obviously isn't going anywhere) I don't really want any other Pens players, especially in a deal for Bertuzzi.
You lost me at B prospect. How is Addison a B prospect?

But tbf the rest does make sense.

Last edited:

Invictus12

Aug 1, 2010
New York
Would take a huge overpayment... Love the guys game and I suspect, so does the entire team. Not the high-end point scorer but an all around valuable player that can be utilized in just about every way short of putting goalie pads on him.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Tyler Bertuzzi is a good role player; good motor, grit, good hands, able to complement talented players. He is basically like Andrew Shaw was as a 23 y old, without the playoff resume. Shaw was traded for 2 2nd round picks as a 24 y old RFA, value should be around that.

Don't see the Marchand comparison here. Marchand development is way more an outlier than the norm.

The difference is that Chicago was a motivated seller because their cap crunch, the Wings are in no such bind and would expect more in return.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
The difference is that Chicago was a motivated seller because their cap crunch, the Wings are in no such bind and would expect more in return.

If I remember well, the trade was generally seen as an overpayment on Montreal end... So there is that. One of those picks ended up being DeBrincat, which does not help either.

Two second round picks, depending who is trading them, can be worth as much as a late first, which is nothing to scoff at. Would you rather have Joe Veleno or Tyler Bertuzzi? Food for thoughts.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Oh yeah, you forgot without the scoring as well!
Well duh, he only played 48 games last season. This year is his 1st full season...not saying he'll ever produce like the angry lawn gnome Marchand, but he also plays mostly 3rd line w/Glendening and other 3rd/4th line scrubs. Marchy plays with Patrice Bergeron & Pasta!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad