Value of: Tyler Bertuzzi to Pittsburgh

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
What would be the cost here? I'd like to add him to our top 9. We could definitely use another LWer, especially with ZAR praying top 6 minutes from time to time.

I'd be willing to give up high draft picks and prospects.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
What would be the cost here? I'd like to add him to our top 9. We could definitely use another LWer, especially with ZAR praying top 6 minutes from time to time.

I'd be willing to give up high draft picks and prospects.

ZAR seems to be fitting that role alright, whats wrong with him?

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Something like Addison + Lauzon or Addison + 2nd would make sense, I think.

Lauzon and 2nd are definitely not interchangeable. Bertuzzi's young and putting up 2nd/3rd line numbers, think they'd want him to be part of the rebuild as they move forward.

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
Bertuzzi would literally cost an arm and a leg. It wouldn’t make sense to move him since he is young enough for our rebuild and gives our a team an edge.

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
Bertuzzi would literally cost an arm and a leg. It wouldn’t make sense to move him since he is young enough for our rebuild and gives our a team an edge.
I'd be willing to overpay if it makes sense.

Edit : Here's a few deals I'd make

Addison + Jarry + 2nd for Bertuzzi
Addison + Lauzon + 1st for Bertuzzi + 2nd

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Because they're not contending. Building a good defense should be one of their priorities.

No, building a good team should be. And with what Detroit has in the pipeline, they've got the material to build a pretty good defense if guys pan out. To trade a good young forward for D help, they'd have to project better than Hronek, Cholowski, and the crew.

Little Bert is too much to deal for even an equivalent guy on the backend, because we need good forwards but great D men. Our D core has a bunch of mediocre to good talent. Adding one more who profiles as good does absolutely nothing for us.

Reactions: Hammettf2b

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Waaay better off getting Ferland from Carolina. UFA, plays a wrecking ball game. Would cost much much less.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
A rebuilding team as Detroit doesn't need to ship out young, valuable players.
They need to trade the spare parts, which Bertuzzi isn't.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
No, building a good team should be. And with what Detroit has in the pipeline, they've got the material to build a pretty good defense if guys pan out. To trade a good young forward for D help, they'd have to project better than Hronek, Cholowski, and the crew.

Little Bert is too much to deal for even an equivalent guy on the backend, because we need good forwards but great D men. Our D core has a bunch of mediocre to good talent. Adding one more who profiles as good does absolutely nothing for us.
This is the correct answer. No need to trade Lil Bert for young D

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal

Right, but Addison projects to be a very good offensive defenseman. If he does reach that potential, he'd be a core player for Detroit not some bottom paining guy. Ultimately that would make Detroit better in the long run. Other pieces would be added of course.

Pittsburgh needs to contend now, so even if Addison becomes a top 4 dman it wouldn't do much for us.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Right, but Addison projects to be a very good offensive defenseman. If he does reach that potential, he'd be a core player for Detroit not some bottom paining guy. Ultimately that would make Detroit better in the long run. Other pieces would be added of course.

Pittsburgh needs to contend now, so even if Addison becomes a top 4 dman it wouldn't do much for us.
Thanks, but no thanks

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Because they're not contending. Building a good defense should be one of their priorities.

That doesn't mean they want to give up good established young players for good unestablished prospects. Bertuzzi's the same age as Athanasiou, Larkin, and Mantha - the young guys they're building around.

The response from DRW fans in here is predictable.

Reactions: izlez

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Out of purely academic interest - I hear the "No thanks" loud and clear - at what point would the overpay make you guys sit up and start thinking about trading him?

Reactions: FreeBobbyFarnham

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad