Player Discussion Ty Emberson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Hoffman might surprise. I see him as hardly different than a Jeff Skinner, if only two yrs older. I would say Hoffman was much better than Skinner just yrs ago. That said he is turning 35 soon. Wish we had him half a dozen yrs ago. What a difference he would've made here.

Skinner in last three seasons has years of 33, 35 and 24 goals scored. Hoffman conversely is at 15, 14 and 10 respectively. Skinner has as many goals as Hoffman has points over the past 3 seasons.

In there respective primes they were comparable players. But Skinner has been much better recently and isn't nearly as far removed from that prime (as recently as a season ago put up more than 80 points).

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Skinner in last three seasons has years of 33, 35 and 24 goals scored. Hoffman conversely is at 15, 14 and 10 respectively. Skinner has as many goals as Hoffman has points over the past 3 seasons.

In there respective primes they were comparable players. But Skinner has been much better recently and isn't nearly as far removed from that prime (as recently as a season ago put up more than 80 points).
I said two yrs ago Hoffman was about the same player. He put u 36 and 29 goal seasons. Just a bit older, and longer ago, I acknowledge.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Anytime I've seen Podz he's pretty awful. Just wondering why he's a shoe in. He was a complete bust in Vancouver.

Lavoie hasn't had any luck around net and I like him, but he needs to finish something and stay healthy. Something off with him.
I disagree I’ve liked Podkolzins game especially away from the puck. Hes physical and skates better than I thought. Seems good on the forecheck and has made some plays. Hoffman is completely useless when he’s not one timing pucks on the power play which is probably the least needed skill set for us.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
He's got definitive top 4 potential but we can't just force it out of him. He's for sure going to make mistakes so I wish we didn't have to rush him. I just hope a trade for a top4 Dman falls in our lap in October
Agreed, the perfect situation would be him at 3RD. The problem is that much like ceci he will be elevated with the unpredictable Nurse because we have no one better to fill that spot.
But one guy plays a game that is well suited to the 4th line or bottom 6 role in general and the other pretty much needs a top six complementary scoring role and pp time to have any positive impact. Even in his good days the knock on Hoffman was that other then shooting the puck he was going to be a liability on the ice. He does not pass the puck well and is generally poor defensively.
I think that Hoffman could do well in a 3rd or 4th line depth role as a scoring threat. Some Sharks fans were saying that he was better defensively than they expected (they expected absolutely terrible fwiw).

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad