Recalled/Assigned: TVR recalled

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
I think one glaring mistake from either Runblad or Cumiskey and someone will get pulled for the following game. If they both play reasonably well I doubt we will see TVR (and we shouldn't if these guys play well, you don't change just to change). Q will be looking for a reason to make the switch, hopefully he doesn't get one.

Cumiskey and Runblad can both skate well, i like their chances against Tampa better than an Anaheim team that was hitting them at every opportunity and had a ridiculous forecheck.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
My concern with TVR is that he hasn't played an NHL game since November, and by most accounts I've read, the 8 games he played in Rockford were NOT good.

It's pretty much irrelevant. He's not going to get any more time on ice than Rundblad or Timonen, so it's not as though the substitution is going to have a big impact on the game, even if it happens.

Enyaw

The names ... Wayne
Jan 17, 2014
My concern with TVR is that he hasn't played an NHL game since November, and by most accounts I've read, the 8 games he played in Rockford were NOT good.

Agree 110% ... even when healthy TVR is not a speedster ... by not being in "game shape" he will be abused by the speedier Tampa team.

Is an out of shape TVR any worse than an ancient Timonen or in shape Rundblad or Cumisky?

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013

It's pretty much irrelevant. He's not going to get any more time on ice than Rundblad or Timonen, so it's not as though the substitution is going to have a big impact on the game, even if it happens.

I'll trust Q since he has seen him practice with the team for a couple weeks now.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I'll trust Q since he has seen him practice with the team for a couple weeks now.

Q thought Versteeg deserved a shot in Game 3 because 'he looked great in practice' too. To the shock of nobody he was as ineffective and pointless as ever.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Q thought Versteeg deserved a shot in Game 3 because 'he looked great in practice' too. To the shock of nobody he was as ineffective and pointless as ever.

Versteeg's best game was equaling TT/Vermy's contributions. That was a lateral move at best. Mistake, didn't cost series, thankfully. However, TVR's 50 percentile contribution is probably better than Rundblad's. So it definitely has a more appropriate risk/reward to make a move.

scarchelli

Aug 19, 2014
Good ,, Is upgrade over #5 who again was manhandled in his own end

I need to figure out how to like a rookie, who hasnt played in an nhl game in 7 months because of injuries and now will make his return in the scf, more than an underwhelming runblad.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I think one glaring mistake from either Runblad or Cumiskey and someone will get pulled for the following game. If they both play reasonably well I doubt we will see TVR (and we shouldn't if these guys play well, you don't change just to change). Q will be looking for a reason to make the switch, hopefully he doesn't get one.

Cumiskey and Runblad can both skate well, i like their chances against Tampa better than an Anaheim team that was hitting them at every opportunity and had a ridiculous forecheck.

26, yes, very well. He showed that mobility early in game 1 when he was able to thwart off a speedy TB player bearing down on Crawford.... taking him out behind the net. 5 would not have fared so well. His skating is adequate at best and his mobility is suspect when defending.

TB is more physical then then they are given credit for and I think we'll see that more in game 2. That makes me think a rusty TVR is the better choice (over 5) on the road, where a dman can't be sheltered as much as Q would like.

kuzy

Mar 31, 2012
St. Charles, IL
I thought 5 and 26 both played pretty good and I hope they both stay in for game 2.

No reason to make changes just for the sake of making changes.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
I thought 5 and 26 both played pretty good and I hope they both stay in for game 2.

No reason to make changes just for the sake of making changes.

Q said after game one that he was happy with Cumisky's play, i thought Rundbald looked fine, maybe we get a sneak preview of TVR in game two.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad