Recalled/Assigned: TVR recalled

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
Tracey Myers ‏@TramyersCSN
Before you all ask, I don't know if van Riemsdyk could play. I'm going to say doubtful until we talk to Q later. #Blackhawks

Enyaw

The names ... Wayne
Jan 17, 2014
1 arm ...1 leg ... out of condition ... out of game shape ... but still better than KT

Last edited:

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
I don't think he'll play, but it is curious that they recalled him. I could see Svedberg getting in.

unbridledid

Jun 8, 2011
Flyers GM Ron Hextal

Did you think you’d be able to get a return like this considering he hasn’t played a game in 10 months?

"Yeah, I did. There’s a few things working in your favor. First of all his cap number is friendly, so you have a team adding certainly a top four defenseman, maybe a top-two defenseman, at a cap number that is reasonable, so there’s value there. Not only are you getting a player, but you’re getting a damn good person too.

Well, you’re talking about a special player here, don’t forget. I know Kimmo’s 39 years old, but this is a special player. If he goes in there and plays the way he’s capable of playing, he’s going to give Chicago a big boost. I’m not trying to be hard on other players, but this is a special, special player. The return I think is a fair return. I think it’s fair for Chicago, I think it’s fair for us. There’s a lot of upside to this deal for them. In the end they may have underpaid by a long shot for this deal. There’s some risk obviously on their side; he hasn’t played all year. But there’s so much upside as well. If Kimmo had played all year and we’d have moved him right now, this wouldn’t have been the return".

Top 4 ? I don't think Kimo would be top four on the Indy Fuel at this point... Good for you Ron, you did very well by your team.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
The Hawks are desperate.

What will have taken down the Hawks this season if they get taken down has nothing to do with the players on the ice. It will be
1) Stan not having the balls to pull Johns out of the Calder playoffs
2) Q's mismanagement

It's been a terrible week for Stan and Q.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Good chance Q opts to play TVR as a forward. Maybe to replace Hossa on the top line? :laugh:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
1.He hasn't got the balks to replace Hossa with anyone..Stuck with a fading Hossa for 6 more seasons unless saved by expansion where we would not protect him and he would be gobbled up for cap to floor purposes plus a "name" to sell to expansion fans ..but we will not see expansion for next year and maybe not the year after...which is fine because though expansion team would acquire cap hits to get to floor they would not want a 40 year old for more than 3 seasons ...perfect for them they get cap needs to floor done and finish at bottom with lottery picks at top of drafts in their first 3 stinky years..Thus IF we get lucky and get expansion in 2018/19 we will be free of the albatross contract then..So expect really only 3 more seasons of Hossa and his fading ...Maybe next year they drop him 9ff the pp and to the 3rd line?Well at least for the playoffs...Probably still has 20 regarding season goals left in him but he is a lousy playoff goal scorer more than 2 playoffs now...4 goals in last 37 playoff games is putrid for a top liner...putrid.

NOW the facetious move TVR to replace Hossa because who could be worse than 4 goals in last 37 is crazy because TVR will not be game "ready" fir any position...If the Hawks manage to get past ANH...maybe in the time between now and the Cup Final he might get his conditioning back to being able to play some minutes..but immediately now? Not happen g..Besides even when he did play he had few if anypoints and was just an even player...and that was at a time the Hawks were "the best team in hockey"(per a famous coach ) so do not expect miracles even if he was "ready" to step in and play.

Now IF Q had balks he would put Rundblad up front as a forward...because the guy can skate and can attack and has a good shot ...but is misplaced as a Dman because he coughs it up too much when forecheck ed. ..lose puck battles ..and has no con ept of defense ding his zone..but as an attack forward he could greatly help our rush game and he will take it to the net on speed rushes..I say ...make him a forward...it cannot be any worse than or current forwards who are failing so miserably anyway...

scarchelli

Aug 19, 2014
Replacing hossa with tvr was an obvious joke. Your wall of text wasn't necessary. Also, I agree, q has no balks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad