TV-Pucken 2021

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Tournament starts in a few weeks. Any predictions from people with some knowledge about this age group? Are the "usual suspects" the favourites or do we have a lesser district than can really upset Stockholm, Småland etc?

Mrpm

Jan 4, 2013
Ångermanland looks interesting. Defenseman Filip Lundgren has been dominant so far, and they got some nice skill in their first and second line. Lucas Pettersson in particular looks like a gem. Small sample size so far though.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Most individually skilled players I have seen so far are Alexander Zetterberg (Medelpad), Liam Danielsson (Gästrikland) and Victor Eklund (Stockholm Syd). The latter is a copy of his older brother. Linus Eriksson in Stockholm Syd really stands out as well. Overall, appears to be a whole lot of skilled forwards in this age group. Haven't got a very good read on the defensemen yet, however.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
More players standing out this year compared to last year. Lot's of smallish skilled forwards. Liking Linus Eriksson and Victor Eklund a lot so far.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
More players standing out this year compared to last year. Lot's of smallish skilled forwards. Liking Linus Eriksson and Victor Eklund a lot so far.

That Stockholm Syd team seems like the team to beat right now. Of the teams I have seen so far, they clearly have the most skilled players. I think there are probably 6-7 forwards on that team that look really really good.

Only seen one game with Stockholm Nord. They play pretty well as a team, but I do not see as many standout players. Should be an interesting game between those two tomorrow.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Good game between the Stockholm teams. Stockholm Syd a bit too predictable, especially their PP. Can't create all offense from behind the net.

The other two big districts, Göteborg & Småland, were big disappointments for me.

Last edited:

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Group play is over and I have tried to watch each district at least once. Forwards that in some way made a stronger impression on me

Top Tier
Alexander Zetterberg, Medelpad
Linus Eriksson, Sthlm Syd
Victor Eklund, Sthlm Syd

Rest
Liam Danielsson, Gästrikland
Emil Hedin, Gästrikland
Edvin Modin, Medelpad
Lucas Hedlund, Norrbotten
Viktor Olofsson, Småland
Dante Josefsson-Westling, Sthlm Nord
Elliot Sigrell, Sthlm Nord
Joakim Engholm, Sthlm Syd
Måns Dufva, Sthlm Syd
Jack Berglund, Värmland
Hugo Zetterlund, Västerbotten
Tobias Öhman, Örebro Län

Will be interesting to see how many of these make the national team. My feeling is that there are plenty of good forwards to choose from in this age group. When it comes to goalies and defense, I do not have a very good read.

Some of the "larger" districts played quite poorly and there were several players I have heard good things about that did not really show up.

Reactions: B Boarding

B Boarding

Feb 26, 2005
Stockholm, Sweden
Group play is over and I have tried to watch each district at least once. Forwards that in some way made a stronger impression on me

Top Tier
Alexander Zetterberg, Medelpad
Linus Eriksson, Sthlm Syd
Victor Eklund, Sthlm Syd

Rest
Liam Danielsson, Gästrikland
Emil Hedin, Gästrikland
Edvin Modin, Medelpad
Lucas Hedlund, Norrbotten
Viktor Olofsson, Småland
Dante Josefsson-Westling, Sthlm Nord
Elliot Sigrell, Sthlm Nord
Joakim Engholm, Sthlm Syd
Måns Dufva, Sthlm Syd
Jack Berglund, Värmland
Hugo Zetterlund, Västerbotten
Tobias Öhman, Örebro Län

Will be interesting to see how many of these make the national team. My feeling is that there are plenty of good forwards to choose from in this age group. When it comes to goalies and defense, I do not have a very good read.

Some of the "larger" districts played quite poorly and there were several players I have heard good things about that did not really show up.

Another Njurunda connection here, outside of Alexander Zetterberg, in Edvin Modin. Fredrik Modin is from Njurunda too. Any relation you know of? Edvin seems to be a quite big guy too...
I will try watching the playoffs in November and will have a closer look at the players then. But what can you tell me about Linus Eriksson? What's his game like? Strengths, weaknesses? Given Sweden lacks center prospects I'm always extra intrigued by them. Without having seen Zetterberg play, I'm 110% convinced he will be put on the wing later on if he is smallish and have some kind of creativity...

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Another Njurunda connection here, outside of Alexander Zetterberg, in Edvin Modin. Fredrik Modin is from Njurunda too. Any relation you know of? Edvin seems to be a quite big guy too...
I will try watching the playoffs in November and will have a closer look at the players then. But what can you tell me about Linus Eriksson? What's his game like? Strengths, weaknesses? Given Sweden lacks center prospects I'm always extra intrigued by them. Without having seen Zetterberg play, I'm 110% convinced he will be put on the wing later on if he is smallish and have some kind of creativity...

I believe Edwin Modin is Fredrik Modin's nephew, his father is likely Anders Modin.

Linus Eriksson, from what I saw, does everything well. Strong skater (good acceleration especially), very impressive hockey sense, excellent chemistry with Victor Eklund. He is one of those guy that can make time and room for himself and his teammates. "Calm things down", which you do not see very often at U16 level, where most players just do their solo thing. And seems to be just as good as passing the puck as finishing a play. Have in mind that a few TV-Pucken games is a fairly small sample size, but from what I see, he should be a productive player at J18 level already this season.

Definitely looks and acts more like a center then Zetterberg, although I am very fond of the latter based on the four Medelpad games I saw. Both have great hockey iq for sure.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Very disappointing showing by all non Stockholm teams. Quality has been rally bad in the playoff games I’ve watched, not impressed with anyone really.

swedehollow

Aug 15, 2018
Was most impressed by Elliot Sigrell in the finals. That guy got speed! Hope he grows a bit, though...

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Strange postseason play in TV-Pucken. More or less everyone that was dominant in the group stage, underperformed in the playoffs. Instead, lots of second line players showed up and did well.

Still think there are plenty of good forwards to choose from, but very few defensemen impressed me at all. And dominant defensemen are usually very noticeable in TV-Pucken. Pretty much the only one that stood out for me was Anton Olsson in Dalarna.. and maybe Gustav Sjöqvist in Stockholm Syd.

Goalies, not impressed by anyone really.

Anyway, based on what experts say, next year will be an extremely strong TV-Pucken with the very hyped 2007 age group and Anton Frondell leading the crop, I assume. (A Stockholm youth coach I had some convo with claimed Frondell is already much better than any Swedish forward born 2006. Goal scoring machine)

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Finland
    Austria vs Finland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,377.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Kazakhstan
    Sweden vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 5