TSN+ / TSN Streaming issue

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Wondering if anyone else has run into this.

I have a TSN subscription through Bell, plus a TSN+ subscription.

I am thinking about ditching my Bell TV subscription and just using my TSN app on my TVs to watch with a subscription through them instead, only when I try to watch TSN 5 on the App or my subscription it says the game isn’t available in my region.

The other night the steam worked fine on TSN 2, but not 5.

I live in Ashton.

When I connect to the App via mobile data, I don’t get the region message any longer.

Second guessing getting rid of Bell if I can’t watch games when connected to wifi.

Cheers!

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
They got the donuts? Excellent....
I had that happen in the past. TSN was completely useless at helping resolve the issue.

I explained the same thing as you. They asked if I was in the region, even though I had already told them I was, and wanted my address. I provided it and I never received a response. This was six years ago. The email address I received a response from was [email protected]

I used an alternative method for some time that ended up having a much better stream quality.

It is likely an issue with your internet provider giving Bell information that makes them believe you're in Toronto. I was with Rogers at the time.

Getting a VPN should fix your issue as long as they have a location in Montreal.

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
I had that happen in the past. TSN was completely useless at helping resolve the issue.

I explained the same thing as you. They asked if I was in the region, even though I had already told them I was, and wanted my address. I provided it and I never received a response. This was six years ago. The email address I received a response from was [email protected]

I used an alternative method for some time that ended up having a much better stream quality.

It is likely an issue with your internet provider giving Bell information that makes them believe you're in Toronto. I was with Rogers at the time.

Getting a VPN should fix your issue as long as they have a location in Montreal.
YMMV but I tried a VPN when using the TSN tv app last week to try to get around the regional issue and it would constantly give me an “access denied” message.

Reactions: Icelevel

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020

I am thinking about ditching my Bell TV subscription and just using my TSN app on my TVs to watch with a subscription through them instead, only when I try to watch TSN 5 on the App or my subscription it says the game isn’t available in my region.

I live in Ashton.

When I connect to the App via mobile data, I don’t get the region message any longer.

Second guessing getting rid of Bell if I can’t watch games when connected to wifi.

Cheers!
Try his happened to me when I was living in the Toronto area with the old NHL app package. The opposite though, Blacked out of Ottawa games I should have been able to access with the annual package.

After many frustrating useless calls to Rogers (my provider) it seemed that the router had been used in Ottawa at some point, and in their system they had cataloged the MAC address to that area. In the end I brought the router into a store, told a white lie about why I needed a different one, and then everything worked fine.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009

I live in Ashton.

Cheers!

I never get blackouts on cable or satellite...I wonder if that's the best trick. It seems to be cheaper and cheaper these days as they're offering you everything for peanuts so you stay connected.

Like we pay under $250 a month from bell for the top internet, two unlimited data cellphones, and satellite tv with the full sports package.

It's $25 for satellite tv and $25 for the sports package.

It's cheaper to get a streaming service but I will gladly pay a few more bucks a month to never have to deal with a blackout and constantly getting crisp high end picture. Not to mention PVRing anything you want.

I can't find myself to make the switch to save like $10-15 a month and then be frustrated or pissed every 2 weeks or whatever because there's a black out.

LiseL

Sponsor
Sep 25, 2023

I'm with Rogers cable and live in Ottawa. I don't have any issues getting the games but instead of seeing the Team names in the title, it's always listed as Blackout in the guide even though it's not blocked here. I've gotten used to it. I have the TSN broadcasting schedule so I just look it up before setting my PVR. I like to tape the games so I can start watching about 1 hour after the game starts which lets me fast forward all of the commercials, and when it's on Sportsnet, also fast forward most of the panel breaks in between. Ron Maclean is so boring.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I'm with Rogers cable and live in Ottawa. I don't have any issues getting the games but instead of seeing the Team names in the title, it's always listed as Blackout in the guide even though it's not blocked here. I've gotten used to it. I have the TSN broadcasting schedule so I just look it up before setting my PVR. I like to tape the games so I can start watching about 1 hour after the game starts which lets me fast forward all of the commercials, and when it's on Sportsnet, also fast forward most of the panel breaks in between. Ron Maclean is so boring.
100%. This is why I like having PVR options and the apps just aren't really nailing that yet. I can watch a game in 60-70 minutes if I'm on top of the skipping.

PlayersLtd

Mar 6, 2019
SNNOW has blacked me out of the odd game this pre-season even though I'm out of market. I get in the game but it eventually kicks me out. I worked around it by using a different browser but I'm hoping this is just a pre-season glitch.

Curious to hear out of market users opinions on SNNOW? I hate the interface and there are multiple little annoying quirks (such as it logs me out every few days for no apparent reason) but in terms of the availability and streaming reliability of every single NHL game it has never let me down other than the odd picture quality issue, which is usually browser specific.

I hate to put a plug out there for Rogers but SNNOW is way better than what NHLCI was and the TSN App doesn't let you start late which is bush league so I'm glad I rarely need to use it for hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad