TSN 690 & Other Montreal sports media (Part 8)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Is Bell not a minority stake holder in the habs anymore?
Minority ownership in any company means you get a vote at the table but in the end your opinion holds no importance if those who hold the majority of ownership disagree with what the minority think or believe .

FlatIron

Sep 27, 2017
Montreal
1 less than Islanders, Ottawa, Carolina, Minnesota ...
Same as Edmonton, Columbus, Calgary...
And 1 lousy po win is even better than Florida, Toronto, NJ, Detroit, Arizona, Buffalo, Vancouver, Philadelphia ...
Thats almost half the ligue right there.
Look around, there is life outside the Bell Centre.
Dude.

Yet no life IN the Bell Center.
Stop drinking the Kool Aid, DUDE.

NeptunesTrident

Feb 22, 2007
I thought Bell bought into the Leafs when they were sold? Wouldn't they have to sell Habs to own Leafs?

Edit - I google searched and Bell was not required to sell upon buying MLSE w/Rogers in 2011. The league would have had to issue a waiver, which it apparently has done before.

Last edited:

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
If anyone needs more proof that Jack Todd is a smug tool, check out these two tweets.

In the first he is a smug know it all. In the second, he is a smug know it all. Just on the exact opposite side.

It’s fine to be wrong, it’s fine to change your mind. The complete lack of humility and self-awareness is the problem.

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
If anyone needs more proof that Jack Todd is a smug tool, check out these two tweets.

In the first he is a smug know it all. In the second, he is a smug know it all. Just on the exact opposite side.

It’s fine to be wrong, it’s fine to change your mind. The complete lack of humility and self-awareness is the problem.

It's one thing to change your mind. It's a whole other thing to do such a 180' on such short notice. I mean... the second tweet is just ridiculous. It's the doing of an insane man with insane reactions.

JSR 56

Dec 18, 2017
Montreal
1 less than Islanders, Ottawa, Carolina, Minnesota ...
Same as Edmonton, Columbus, Calgary...
And 1 lousy po win is even better than Florida, Toronto, NJ, Detroit, Arizona, Buffalo, Vancouver, Philadelphia ...
Thats almost half the ligue right there.
Look around, there is life outside the Bell Centre.
Dude.
why strive for greatness when mediocrity is profitable

FlatIron

Sep 27, 2017
Montreal

That's why so very few read him anymore. He did the same thing at the end of the 2017-18 season, he was always backing Bergevin throughout the season and then the moment the season ended he wrote a piece saying Bergevin needs to go. When I called him out on it on Twitter he blocked me. What a douche.

OB5

May 2, 2015
That's why so very few read him anymore. He did the same thing at the end of the 2017-18 season, he was always backing Bergevin throughout the season and then the moment the season ended he wrote a piece saying Bergevin needs to go. When I called him out on it on Twitter he blocked me. What a douche.

There are tons of shitty media members in Montreal...Todd is tied with Kelly for the top prize.

Reactions: Burke the Legend

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Kelly is not in the amateur league, he's a real sports journalist. You might not agree with him, but his columns are accurate and relevant.

I think technically Kelly is an entertainment writer, and his columns are supposed to be from the point of view of a fan. It’s a different approach than the traditional detached sports journalist.

I’ve never had a huge problem with him. He was calling out MB long before anyone else in the media.

OB5

May 2, 2015
Kelly is not in the amateur league, he's a real sports journalist. You might not agree with him, but his columns are accurate and relevant.

All Kelly does is hit hard on the negative to entice clicks to an irrelevant Gazette sports site.

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
pillows, bob dylan, food and loads of advertising plugs

That reminds me that I haven't heard a MyPillow ad in quite a while.

Not only that, what the heck are we going to talk about in here?

We'll probably complain about whatever they choose to talk about, now that they have no sports to talk about.

If this goes on for months, you wonder if Bell will pull the plug (at least temporarily) at some point and simulcast some other non-sports programming or syndicated stuff. The idea that things will be back to normal in a month seems wildly optmistic based upon many articles that I've read.

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
That reminds me that I haven't heard a MyPillow ad in quite a while.

Got a suggestion how to best use that pillow on that huckster

giphy.gif

Reactions: Per Sjoblom
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad