TSN: 58% of Canadians are not watching/paying attention to the Stanley Cup Finals.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
Not watching 16 million.
Suggest reading the article lol.

No what it suggests is people actually read the article.
article: Only a quarter of Americans (27 per cent) will be following the series, with 49 per cent of them cheering for Florida.

IMO, 27% américains just knowing the SC final is ongoing is pretty huge. Add that Florida market Ian,t NY, Boston, Philly, LA etc. and it is not a natural market.... If that is the case, hockey progression down south is increasing faster than I thought.

I m all in cause it's the finals......but I gotta say. Oil vs kings , Oil vs Canucks, Oil vs stars .... were not all that great to watch .
Series that were great to watch this play offs
Knights Stars
Panthers Bolts
Canes Rags
Panthers Bruins
Aves Stars
Aves Jets
Panthers Rags
Boy, you did pass some time in front of a TV..... :)

Reactions: CHIP72

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Once is relentlessly?
Lighten up Francis, it was just a joke.
I figured you'd say that. If I was less lazy I would have said 'carrying on the relentless' because that chip on the shoulder has been present since long before you joined the site.

With that said, I understand the irritation since lots of dipshit fans from more traditional hockey markets will disrespect your right to be a fan.

But honestly, it's just tedious both ways.

Not surprising. BC doesn't even care about their own team.
Awww.
Are the finals giving you big feefees that you need to act out by throwing strays against a team you haven't played in weeks?

Reactions: nucks88

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
Quite simple why I’m not watching.

I couldn’t take another minute of Sportsnet coverage. Listening to Simpson is agonizing and it was clear in the Van/Edm series they only had 29 and 97 talking points.

Also, Edmonton are boring when you realize all they are is a really good power play with 2 elite players. No idea why McDavid has such appeal I find his personality utterly cringe worthy and his play is very one dimensional.
Hmm, I wonder why the most talented played to join the league in 40 years has a fan base

Reactions: Andrei79

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
The East Coast is definitely not watching. I mean puck drop is at 8:20. You might watch the first period once the baby asleep. But when McLean comes on between the first and second, it's time to go night-night for sure.

Late starts are gonna kill the NHL.

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
So if you’re sitting at home in front of the TV anyway, you’d rather watch regular season baseball than the SC final? Sounds like you’re more of a leafs fan than a hockey fan?

Why do I have to watch the Cup final if I am hockey fan? In my post I mentioned that I watched a few minutes of other teams games, not just my team (Leafs). It's summer here.....it's been hot and sunny and there are things that can be done other than watching hockey. A week off between rounds doesn't help.

Not all Canadians eat, sleep, breathe hockey - that's a media stereotype/hype. Not every Canadian is going to automatically cheer for a Canadian team just because they are in the finals.

No matter how much sports media in Canada wants you to think, even with a Canadian team in the finals....the Stanley Cup finals isn't as big a deal as they want you to think it is. Now.....put 2 Canadian teams in the finals....that might be a different story.

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
So much for Edmonton being " Canada's team", I guess the Boston Pizza commercials didnt work

So about 16 milion people are watching the finals in Canada. That's about 16 times the population of Edmonton, hmmmmm.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Like…58% of Canadians who are hockey fans or 58% of Canadians in general? Latter should not be a surprise.
Ever mentions Canadians who are hockey fans in general, just says Canadians all through the article.

Twenty-four per cent of Canadians surveyed say they won't follow the best-of-seven series "very closely."

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Seems like we have a lot of viewers both North and south of the border. Kind of surprised with the 27% of Americans are aware the Cup Final is happening.

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
Hmmmmm….maybe because Connor McDavid is overrated.
You don't have to like the guy to acknowledge his skill level. I'm not an Oilers fan but I have no problem saying McDavid is one of the most  talented players to ever play the game. If you cant admit he is incredibly skilled, you're just being obtuse. If you don't understand why the top players in sports leagues who either win or are in the running for the top awards every single year are popular amongst fans, then you're just naive.

Reactions: nturn06

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad