TSN’s Top 50 NHL Players for 2024-25

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Its cherry picking if you chose to ignore what a player has done over the course of their regular season career.
To be clear your argument is that Leon Draisaitl should be judged based on Stanley Cup Finals points and Matthews should be judged on regular season stats

Lmfao

Reactions: NyQuil

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
The childish squabbling is always funny. Love how fans take it personal when somebody says their player should be lower or whatever. It really doesn’t matter. If we discuss the list as adults, without taking shit personal, I think Leon is a top 3 player. 4 is too low for him. I'd swap Leon and Matthews. It’s very minor, no need to argue over things like this lol.
To be honest, I'd put Kucherov ahead of both.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
It should be a requirement to be a playoff performer to be considered a top player in the NHL.

Then you are measuring something else.

McDavid missed the playoffs when he was clearly one of the best in the world. Are you really going to not call him a top 50 player because he didn't make the playoffs and put some 60 point winger in there ahead of him?

Reactions: Rob Brown

Lemontree

Fire Dubas
Feb 12, 2018
Your argument is incoherent
No, it isn't. You just need to read. You want to dismiss Matthews regular seasons because he hasn't produced to the same level in the playoffs, "it's almost like one matters more".

If rounds 1 & 2 are more important than all 82 regular season games, then the Stanley Cup finals are more important than any other round of the playoffs. When the lights got the brightest and the games mattered the most, Draistail disappeared.

It’s almost like one matters more

To be clear your argument is that Leon Draisaitl should be judged based on Stanley Cup Finals points and Matthews should be judged on regular season stats

Lmfao
NO, that is not my argument. You might want to go back and read from the beginning. If you actually care about debating however I'm sure you will just do your usual one sentence quip and move on.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
No, it isn't. You just need to read. You want to dismiss Matthews regular seasons because he hasn't produced to the same level in the playoffs, "it's almost like one matters more".

If rounds 1 & 2 are more important than all 82 regular season games, then the Stanley Cup finals are more important than any other round of the playoffs. When the lights got the brightest and the games mattered the most, Draistail disappeared.

NO, that is not my argument. You might want to go back and read from the beginning. If you actually care about debating however I'm sure you will just do your usual one sentence quip and move on.
I don’t care about debating bc there’s nothing to debate here you’re just incorrect

Lemontree

Fire Dubas
Feb 12, 2018
I don’t care about debating bc there’s nothing to debate here you’re just incorrect
What is incorrect? You discount Matthews as a player based on his inability to elevate his game in the playoffs and don't seem to care at all what he does during the regular season.

I point out that it seems hypocritical because Draistail completely disappeared in the Stanley Cup finals but apparently that shouldn't be mentioned regarding where he ranks as a player.

Also, if you haven't looked it up as of yet, what would you guess Matthews playoffs numbers look like? I bet they aren't as bad as you think they are.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
What is incorrect? You discount Matthews as a player based on his inability to elevate his game in the playoffs and don't seem to care at all what he does during the regular season.

I point out that it seems hypocritical because Draistail completely disappeared in the Stanley Cup finals but apparently that shouldn't be mentioned regarding where he ranks as a player.

Also, if you haven't looked it up as of yet, what would you guess Matthews playoffs numbers look like? I bet they aren't as bad as you think they are.
They’re so much worse than Drai’s it’s not even funny

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Not a horrible list apart from having Rantanen higher than Barkov and I’m sure Avs fans would agree with me.
Well I don't know if that's "horrible". You can make a case for both, even if Barkov is the hot commodity once again now that he's the reigning cup winner's captain. Rantanen is just that much better offensively.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Aren't you cherry picking the 55 playoff games (23g & 25a = 48 points) for Matthews as opposed to his 562 regular season games played (368g & 281a = 649 points)?
You cherry picked one series for the player
I countered with the 23/24 playoffs for both.

You showed one series of the four, and are chirping me, that I didn’t use the 82 game regular season. That’s gold.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

When Matthews has the 2nd highest playoff PPG in the modern era of hockey and puts up an NHL record 17 points in a 5 game playoff series against the Leafs main rival while playing half crippled on one leg, he too can enjoy the benefit of the doubt once in a while.

Until then it rings hollow.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Personally I woukd take Draisaitl over Matthews ...... performing at play off hockey it's not even close.
Shesterkin over Hughes .....any of them.

Tie Domi Esquire

Go Real Sports Apparel Go!
Oct 18, 2010
Then you are measuring something else.

McDavid missed the playoffs when he was clearly one of the best in the world. Are you really going to not call him a top 50 player because he didn't make the playoffs and put some 60 point winger in there ahead of him?

Not being in the playoffs isn't the same as not being a playoff performer. :teach:

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Swayman has like 2 vezina votes
Demko finishes 2nd in vezina voting
There is 5 goalies that made this list

Make it make sense

Not even saying Demko should be a top 50 player
But if 5 franking goaltenders made it and he didnt?

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
TSN aka Toronto Sports Network would of course have their boys up high. So many fans are fine with trash performances that I'm not surprised they think they're getting a good performance.

Reactions: Tie Domi Esquire

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad