TSN’s Top 50 NHL Players for 2024-25

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
This list is most certainly NOT “Top 50 Players for 24-25” and really shouldn’t be judged as such.

It’s just a list of the best performing players of last regular season. That’s all it is.

There’s little to no projection involved, which is always the axe I have to grind when these lists are advertised as what we should expect for the upcoming season.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Nylander over Heiskanen?

Rantanen over Barkov?

B. Tkachuk over Eichel?

These kind of lists are a dumb exercise in the first place, but this is a particularly bad example of it

Reactions: Suntouchable13

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Slavin should still be on it but I get him being overlooked by TSN.

I bet we see Jarvis on this list regularly within a year or 2.

NVious

Dec 20, 2022
Nylander over Heiskanen?

Rantanen over Barkov?

B. Tkachuk over Eichel?

These kind of lists are a dumb exercise in the first place, but this is a particularly bad example of it
Isn't the list just a combination of opinions from a bunch of people? Hence why it doesn't have continuity or an overall philosophy, just a ranking combination of a bunch of other lists.

Which can be interesting/valid, but it also has massive flaws.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
I think this is a pretty solid list move people up or down.

I agree Larkin should be in top 50.

I think Brayden Point is too high.

Besides that move people up 5 or down 5 and roughly should work.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
The childish squabbling is always funny. Love how fans take it personal when somebody says their player should be lower or whatever. It really doesn’t matter. If we discuss the list as adults, without taking shit personal, I think Leon is a top 3 player. 4 is too low for him. I'd swap Leon and Matthews. It’s very minor, no need to argue over things like this lol.

Kerberos

Hound of Hades
Nov 4, 2021
Always hilarious seeing TSN contradict themselves and mention playoff success for other players but conveniently ignore it for the playoff ghost, Matthews.

His inability to perform when the games matter should make it clear that he has no business being mentioned in the same breath as players like McDavid, MacKinnon, Draisaitl and Kucherov.

But alas, grading on a curve.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad