Speculation: Trouba for Hall (if he was still on Edmonton

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
It might have worked but it still would have been a bad trade for the Oilers.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
I think the fact that Hall was going to the Eastern Conf. is what made this easier for Chia.

But yeah, value is about right considering the Larsson trade.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Ppl dont take contract into considerations here.
Larsson on a 4M contract is alot better than Trouba on a 6-7M contract

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
2bh I think trouba is better than larsson in pretty much every fashion. I have seen a lot of both players.

slim2001

Aug 2, 2008
Alberta
Larsson is the better defenseman right now IMO and will likely have the much nicer contract (5x4.2) moving forward. Oilers lost the Hall trade but trading him for Trouba would have been a worse deal.

victor

Sep 6, 2003
Would rather have Larsson's contract.

$4.167m for the next five years, over negotiating an RFA (not to speak to the signing challenges with Trouba)

Hall is a better player, but Larsson has a cheap, long term contract. I can see why Edmonton made the deal they did.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
2bh I think trouba is better than larsson in pretty much every fashion. I have seen a lot of both players.

agree. I also highly doubt Trouba will get more than 6 mill. He hasnt proved close to enough to get anywhere close to 7 mill

Nickel eye Heel hers

Happy thoughts
Feb 12, 2016
granola island, BC
Hindsight being 20/20 as a Jets fan I would have done this deal.

I also would do Klefbom + 1st round draft pick for Trouba. Not looking to get flamed by my fellow Jets fans or Oilers. Not sure any of those deals would have been doable anyways. It's within the realm of possibility Trouba wants to play somewhere warm State side.

victor

Sep 6, 2003
Hindsight being 20/20 as a Jets fan I would have done this deal.

I also would do Klefbom + 1st round draft pick for Trouba. Not looking to get flamed by my fellow Jets fans or Oilers. Not sure any of those deals would have been doable anyways. It's within the realm of possibility Trouba wants to play somewhere warm State side.

With Trouba not having a contract, I can't see Edmonton moving Klefbom ($4,167,000 until 2023) plus a 1st round pick for Trouba.

Klefbom alone, when looking at contracts, doesn't make sense. Adding a 1st round pick? Not likely to happen.

Nickel eye Heel hers

Happy thoughts
Feb 12, 2016
granola island, BC
With Trouba not having a contract, I can't see Edmonton moving Klefbom ($4,167,000 until 2023) plus a 1st round pick for Trouba.

Klefbom alone, when looking at contracts, doesn't make sense. Adding a 1st round pick? Not likely to happen.

I think his contract will end up in the 5-5.5 M x 6 years if he is traded and signed long term to a different franchise. So it would be a bigger salary cap hit than the very sweet contract Klefbom has. But I figured if your GM was willing to do Hall for Larsson, he might do one more tilted trade. :naughty:

victor

Sep 6, 2003
I think his contract will end up in the 5-5.5 M x 6 years if he is traded and signed long term to a different franchise. So it would be a bigger salary cap hit than the very sweet contract Klefbom has. But I figured if your GM was willing to do Hall for Larsson, he might do one more tilted trade. :naughty:

Larsson's a right defender who has both pedigree and a cheap, long term contract. I can see why Edmonton traded Hall for him.

Trouba? If he signs a cheap, long term deal, he'll be worth alot.

While that could happen, according to the magic 8-ball, "doesn't look likely."

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Oilers would have lost that trade by quite a by still - but would have been better value than Larsson

I disagree . I think Larsson is the better D and on a value contract long term . Trouba may be better in the future but that is not today and I also think Chia is trying to make the Oilers better while looking toward a future high cap hit contract to McDavid .

So I would do the NJD trade 10 times out of 10 over this one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad